Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

A couple 44" Eagle questions

BrianS

Alphans
For anyone who has the 44" model, a couple questions:

1 - what are the Transporter Pod side door dimensions - specifically the height?

Two - what is the height, width, and length of the access corridor between the CM and the Transporter?

Concerning the above, I just noticed that there seem to be some variation in width between different models out there. The above being a seemingly narrower version of the corridor and the below representing some apparently wider versions:

Given the following photo of the original Eagle corridor, it seems the somewhat wider versions are more accurate. Is this correct?

---
Also, are there any recommended figures for the 44" scale Eagle? I'm not talking about figures which are mounted as astronauts inside the CM, but figures which can stand outside the vehicle (in or out of space suits).

Last edited:

Alphans
RE:Corridor Dimensions.

Width:- 64mm. Height:- 85mm. Length:- 150mm. That's from the Eagle one blueprints, which are regarded by most as being pretty accurate. These are the dimensions I'm using.

Last edited:

eagle44

Alphans
Oh and...

Too darned vague for me...:wtf:.
Good luck with it Brian, unless it's an adult type of "I'm doing...something. And it does involve the 44" Eagle" :O., in which case..you is just plain sick man..:lol:.
Cheers Ian. "eagle44".

------------

BrianS

Alphans
Width:- 64mm. Height:- 85mm. Length:- 150mm. That's form the Eagle one blueprints, which are regarded by most as being pretty accurate. These are the dimensions I'm using.
If I am gathering correctly, that would seem to represent the narrower of the two, wouldn't it? Does anyone know - are the wider ones from garage kits, or were they hand made, or what?

Also, still very interested in the height of the door of the transporter pod. Anyone have a clue on that one?

BrianS

Alphans
Too darned vague for me...:wtf:.
Good luck with it Brian, unless it's an adult type of "I'm doing...something. And it does involve the 44" Eagle" :O., in which case..you is just plain sick man..
LOL - not THAT type of sickness, no! :lol:

Neal

Alphans
---
Also, are there any recommended figures for the 44" scale Eagle? I'm not talking about figures which are mounted as astronauts inside the CM, but figures which can stand outside the vehicle (in or out of space suits).

If you take the 44" model at its putative 1:24 scale, a 6' man would be 3" tall. If you take the ship as actually being the Baldassari length of 110', a 6' man would be 2.35" tall.

BrianS

Alphans
Neal - I was more asking if there are any actual model figures which are recommended. But thanks for the info. :)

Neal

Alphans
Neal - I was more asking if there are any actual model figures which are recommended. But thanks for the info. :)

I understand, and I have no idea about that -- but thought you might want to know the size you're looking for if you're out searching.

Neal

Alphans
If I am gathering correctly, that would seem to represent the narrower of the two, wouldn't it? Does anyone know - are the wider ones from garage kits, or were they hand made, or what?

Also, still very interested in the height of the door of the transporter pod. Anyone have a clue on that one?

That measurement represents the wider ones. The narrow one from your pics is even narrower. I think that's Miarecki's AB44 build up top?

BrianS

Alphans
Its the wider one? I made a paper model of the corridor based on those measurements and it seems very much like the very narrow one.

The visual discrepancy between the sizes makes me wonder something else. What are the dimensions of the inside of the frame around the corridor - specifically these dimension here (in red):

And what is the diameter of the tubing for the frame? 1/4", right?

Last edited:

BrianS

Alphans
Though I am still interested in the dimensions on the transporter pod door for the 44" Eagl;e - again, specifically the height.

BrianS

Alphans
2 3/4" high?

Come on. There are plenty of 44" Eagle members out there. No one has a tape measure and 30 seconds here? Please?