Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Aardman Animation Airfix models

thundergod

Alphans
Whilst having a sort out of my modelling shed and going through my collection of unbuilt/half-built kits and abandoned projects , I (re)discovered a couple of models I built a few years ago . Both are from the Aardman Animations show "Shaun The Sheep" and were "Shaun with Landrover" and "Shaun with Tractor" .Though not exactly the sort of model I would usually go for , there was something about them that piqued my interest and they were significantly reduced in price so it was hard to say no . As they were produced by Airfix and originally far from cheap , I thought they were at least going to be relatively good quality . When I got them home and opened up the nicely designed and produced packaging ( this was what had tempted me initially ) I was more than pleasantly surprised . Both kits were exceptionally well moulded , featuring no flash and virtually no seam lines and built up into excellent models which ( my DVD research proved ) were absolutely spot-on accurate to their onscreen counterparts , as well as being a fair old size ! Far from being "kiddies toys", they could even be described as high quality replicas of the studio miniatures! They were such a pleasure to build that I even sought out a 3rd kit , this time , Wallace and Gromit themselves with their Austin A35 "Anti-Pesto" van (This is still stashed away in my model dungeon) . Both the Land Rover and Tractor feature great detail and moving parts such as opening doors , working steering etc. as well as coming with figures of Shaun , Bitzer and even the naughty pigs ! I'd forgotten what good models they are , so couldn't resist taking a few pictures . They've accumulated a little "storage damage ", so I'll need to do a few repairs . ( It's also a good excuse to finish off painting the figures !) Seriously , I can't recommend these kits highly enough , so if any of you come across them , snap 'em up . I still plan on hunting down the 4th model , Wallace and Gromit with their Motorbike and Sidecar ! :thumbup:

thundergod

Alphans
I'm wishing I picked up the rest of the kits when I found them in a local shop on clearance . I checked ebay ( to see if the motorbike/sidecar kit had come down in price any there was 1 for £26.99! ) and these kits have disappeared . There's an Airfix forum where people had used the van for some pretty good customs .

thundergod

Alphans
Well , while I'm finishing painting Bitzer and the Naughty Pigs , I thought I'd take the opportunity to post a few pics of Wallace and Gromit with the Ani-Pesto van from "Curse of the Were-Rabbit " . Like the previous , this kit was also a pleasure to build and I was even inspired to knock off a quick display base !

The model even has a nice amount of internal detail .

I'm surprised Gromit can see out of that windscreen ! ( Complete with Tax Disc ).

The bodywork of the van has a great amount of moulded in rust damage , dints and dings .