Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

AB 22" Eagle Build with scratch built spine.

CF104

Alphans
I finally got the spine clamps installed and fit. I'm just waiting for some custom engine bell work from Mike Reader before I start work on the engine framework. The brass work needs some minor solder cleanup and then priming. Next on the agenda is assembling the CM and making the clamps.

Here are a few more photos.

Thanks again for looking.

Cheers,

John

Howard

Forum Supporter
Regards the difference between the 22" cast and the blueprint - it's important to remember the print is based solely on the 44" Eagle 1 model.
The subsequent 22" models were based upon the look of the 44" version, so will be simply representative of the look, rather than accurate down to the millimetre to that of the 44" once both are compared.

CF104

Alphans
Back to the workbench

Hi All,

Sorry for the severe lack of updates on this build. My Summer was quite busy with travel/camping and running a couple half marathons.

Now that Fall(Winter) has arrived here in Calgary I am returning to the workbench to recommence work on the Eagle. Not long after my last post I received my metal parts from Mike Reader and as usual they are masterpieces.

With these in hand I have no excuse not work on this project so I hope to have updates on a more frequent basis.

Cheers,

John

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Did you ever finish this build?

Hi All,

Sorry for the severe lack of updates on this build. My Summer was quite busy with travel/camping and running a couple half marathons.

Now that Fall(Winter) has arrived here in Calgary I am returning to the workbench to recommence work on the Eagle. Not long after my last post I received my metal parts from Mike Reader and as usual they are masterpieces.

With these in hand I have no excuse not work on this project so I hope to have updates on a more frequent basis.

Cheers,

John