Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Airfix Saturn V Skylab

Angelo

Alphans
Picked up my Skylab this morning. £39.99
Eight parts makes up the Skylab/S-IVB.
You get the new CSM parts and LEM in the box also.
Looks good, so far.

Angelo

Alphans
Here are a couple of pics of the new parts, decals, and painting instructions.
(Sorry for poor quality, taken with my mobile)

CR

Alphans
SWEET! I'll have to get me one or two of those. (One for launch mode, one for 'in orbit' mode.)

saturnapollo

Alphans
Picked up mine yesterday. Looks nice, though no idea when I'll get round to building it.

SWEET! I'll have to get me one or two of those. (One for launch mode, one for 'in orbit' mode.)

My first ever scratchbuild in the early 70's was converting an Airfix Saturn V third stage into Skylab. Nowadays of course you get a far more accurate CSM with the kit.

Keith

Angelo

Alphans
Finished!
Posed alongside my Saturn V (Only then did I realise I got the inter stage ring paint scheme wrong on the Saturn V:dunce:)

Space Shuttle next!

saturnapollo

Alphans
Boy, that was quick!!! And nicely done too:thumbup:

I hate to mention it, but the instructions are wrong and the bottom black vertical portions on the first stage stop at the currugated section and don't extend onto the stringers. The box art is actually correct.

Keith

Last edited:

Angelo

Alphans
No problem Keith.
I've got to sort out the inter stage ring on the Saturn V so I can shorten the black panels at the same time:D

Angelo

Alphans
Black panels on the first stage have been shortened, and I have re-done the inter-stage ring.

I was lucky with the interstage rings, as I had two spare from the Saturn Vs I got to build my studio scale Y-Wing, so just assembeled and painted from scratch.

JMChladek

Alphans
Man you work fast! What do you have, a sweat shop with a bunch of migrant workers popping these models out? ;)

Seriously though, looks good. I am planning to get at least one of these. Since I already have a Realspace Skylab conversion, I may stick that on the rocket and use the plastic OWS as a basis for an orbital configuration version. Nice to see the ole Skylab getting some love these days. Now we just need the Saturn 1B to finally come back out to complete the Saturn collection. ;)

Angelo

Alphans
Man you work fast! What do you have, a sweat shop with a bunch of migrant workers popping these models out? ;)

I work shifts, four on, four off, so I have plenty of time available to work on them. Also, they aren't the most complicated of builds:D

Glad you like them, thanks for the comments.:thumbup: