Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Albatross from Master of the World movie

matteline

Alphans
I love the Albatross airship from the 1961 film 'Master of the World' starring Vincent Price. It's a low budget movie based on the Jules Verne novels 'Master of the World' and 'Robur the Conqueror'.
The thoughtful screenplay is by Richard Matheson. and it is one of the films that used to get regular airings on TV in the Christmas Holidays along with Irwin Allen's 'The Lost World', and 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' and the Peter Cushing Dalek movies among others.
Anyway, the Albatross is a super cool ship. And is a really nice miniature, although the effects overall are a bit crude.
Does anyone know if a garage kit od the ship exists? Or possibly a cardboard or paper kit? (in the film the Albatross is made from compressed paper!)
Has anyone scratch-built their own model? I have been thinking about making one for a while.

Attachments

• albatross.jpg
    albatross.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 28

badsimmonds

Alphans
Hi
I'm afraid I can't answer your questions but I agree its a great ship that would be impressive if someone built one. Good luck