Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

ALIEN HARDWARE

Miek

Alphans
alien pictures

It would be great to collect all these original backstage pictures of Phil and publish them in a book (I would be the first to buy it!), so great to see all the beautifull work (which is mostly not visible in the movie)... thank you Phil to share this superb timeless work! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Em11

Alphans
Narcissus model

Hi, I am new to this forum but I wondered if anyone could help me find out more about a Narcissus model I have.
I believe it is the Alien design model. It is bright yellow in colour and measures just under 5 inches long and just under 4 inches wide. I have been unable to find anything on the web about it and my search led me here.
Great thread and pics by the way.
Em

Pro Mod

Forum Supporter
It may be easier to identify if you would post a few photographs.
By 'Alien design model' do you mean made by the films production designers?
The designers did make a white model of the rear section of the Narcissus, and Martin Bower in the model department designed the front section.
I've never read anything about, or spoken to anybody about the exist of a full 'sketch' model of the ship.
Looking forward to seeing what you have.

Em11

Alphans
narcissus model

A couple of photos of the model I am trying to find out about. If anyone has any ideas it would be great to hear them.

'bees man, bees have hives'

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-05-19 at 14.12 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2012-05-19 at 14.12 #2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Photo on 2012-05-19 at 14.12.jpg
    Photo on 2012-05-19 at 14.12.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 57

Em11

Alphans
narcissus model

It's 4.5 inches long by just under 4 inches wide. Not been able to find one like it as yet...

Em11

Alphans
Thanks wappynutter, I have seen a few of these about, the key difference is

A) it is smaller, it appears to be 9cm, ours is 11.5
B) It is far to detailed compared to ours. Ours looks like a rough draft model.

"looks like she don't like the corn bread either"

Pro Mod

Forum Supporter
I'm think this is the same one in my collection.
It measures 110mm x 90mm.
From my research I'm reasonably certain that it's fan made and nothing to do with the original film.
Would have been worth quite a lot of money had it been used in the film.:cry:

Attachments

• Narcissus.jpg
    Narcissus.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 58

Em11

Alphans
Thanks Pro Mod,

you have come up with the best match yet. However ours measures 120mm long and 95mm wide. We were told, when we were given it (over 20 yrs ago) that it was actually used in the film. The guy who gave it to us assured us that he was given it by someone who worked on the film, but having nothing to back that up I guess we just have a bright yellow Narcissus:hmm:

Pro Mod

Forum Supporter
Hi EM11,

In all the years I've been studying the models from the film I've never come across anybody mentioning a small scale Narcissus.
It's a really great thing to own if original!

Any idea what it's made from?
If its original then I would imagine it's made from a block of timber covered in plasticard or fabricated from Perspex sheet.
If it appears to be cast from resin then I'd be dubious about it's origins as they'd only have needed a single model for filming.

Regarding the colour I know that the Nostromo started in yellow but neither Phil Ray nor Martin Bower have ever mentioned yellow on this model.

Looking forward to hearing more.:thumbup:

Em11

Alphans
Hi Pro Mod,

Yes it appears to be resin, and yes it is a great thing to own. Unfortunately it is being sold over the next 24 hrs:cry:

I was given a weeks grace by my partner to find out as much about it as possible before it goes.
I have sent Phil a pm but I doubt whether he will get back to me before tomorrow morning.
Shame really but needs must :(

Em11

Alphans
Many thanks to you all.
Phil got back to me and as most of you thought, nothing to do with the film.
Still a nice piece

Em11

Ham Salad

Alphans
Alien display, most recent setup.

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
NEW STUDIO SCALE NARCISSUS BUILD AND KIT BY PHIL RAE

Hi All,

"Phil Rae has just announced that he will be soon releasing a SS Narcissus. APPROX 36 IN LONG
The kit has been produced under his supervision. It will be available in kit form and also at extra cost a built version will be available with the painting and weathering done by Phil himself, the built version will be signed by Phil. Phil has not revealed prices but he says it is about to go into rubber.
An ACCURATE SCALE INTERIOR WILL BE AVAILABLE AS A SEPERATE KIT
Phil is also being interviewed by Dennis Lowe ( http://www.zen171398.zen.co.uk/ ) for the next Alien Makers installment. He says in it he will give his account on who did the work on the Narcissus including the detailing, and from what Phil said it does not all just include a certain somebody."

Last edited: