Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

ALIEN HARDWARE

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
LOL!!! get em ALL on here!..incl the original..i was gonna do the name checks latr but theres no time like like the present!

MASTERED BY ROBERT SMITH
DETAILED BY ROBERT SMITH, PHILIP HOWARD AND PHILIP RAE
FINISHED BY PHILIP RAE
KITTED BY PHILIP HOWARD AND PHILIP RAE
FULLY PAINTED AND WEATHERED VERSION FINISHED BY PHILIP RAE
OPTIOMAL INTERIOR BY PHILIP HOWARD AND PHILIP RAE
RESEARCH BY EVERYONE
ALL THE BORING WORK BY SOME POOR SOD AT PHILIPS PRODUCTION FACILITY

guess i'd better tell Philip LOL!

ps... it was not me that gave permission for an announcement which right now is a bit premature!

pps do you want it under your CURRENT kit name....what ever it is now!

bobs56

Alphans
I've done my bit (although I still might master the engines)???

It's now Phil's property for him to do with as he see's fit:lol:

Personally, I can't wait to see it kitted:thumbup:

Glenn Allen

Alphans
Been a way for a while so catching up with threads .... thanks for the pictures Phil .... i have one question , not trying to start a argument here , but did anyone else have copies of these photo's ? as i have a set of these photo's , or most of them , i brought many years back but i can not remember who i got them from... may have been the same person i brought the original construction plans for the derelict entrance full size set that was used in filming :)

Cool Caveman

Alphans
Phil, I just saw this - wow!
you can clearly see it's you :clap:

And this. These are the small "childrens" suits made to make the sets look bigger than they actually were. The scene being shot was a forced perpective " insert", shot at the model unit studio after the main shoot at Sheppertonof the astros walking on the Nostromo miniature set that was in the background. Sadly, it was cut from the final cut, but does make it to the docos on the DVD quadrilogy set.
I say sadly because that's me in one of the suits....! The only person on the model unit small enough to get into one! The other astro is wone of the very petite girls from the production office.
After directions I set off walking as though I was on the moon...seemed like the right thing to do (I didn;t know that the gravity was supposed to be similar to earth. Ridley immediatly said CUT, and it was re-shot. I felt a right idiot.

Phil Rae

Glenn Allen

Alphans
So based on the pictures Phil has posted and from what he has said on these post the Shuttle he worked on was 30" long and about 1/24 scale ... if that the case , I might start looking around for 1/24 scale models

Glenn Allen

Alphans
A few weeks ago i was invited to look around a model making company near to where i live ,they make mostly
architecture buildings, ( i was trying to get a job..;)) turns out all of them are Alien fans , one guy sitting in the corner turned and said , he was part of the team that built the space suits for Alien :O ......turns out the suits were built some where else and he never worked at the filming studio :cry:

Kit Freeborn produced the costumes. We have a full written description of the process directly from him. Martin Bower did the detailing of the helmet....hence the Space 1999 ship details all over the helmet!@!

Richie

Space suit

Kit Freeborn produced the costumes. We have a full written description of the process directly from him. Martin Bower did the detailing of the helmet....hence the Space 1999 ship details all over the helmet!!

Richie