Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

'Alien' quadrilogy on Blu-Ray...

Bishop

Alphans
Cameron actually comments of the grainy film in the definitive ed commentary.
I've got to say that either the films will work as they did in "ordinary vision" as we originally saw them, or they will flop as they originally did in "ordinary vision" Blue Ray will not save them. Digital remastering has certainly done its work, but...

Well from what I've seen so far, a lot of people are going to be pretty happy with it. The extra storage capacity has really allowed for some fantastic special features and supplementary materials.

lunadude

Alphans
The Book of Alien has a number of the concepts, for both the Snark and Leviathan (precursors to the Nostromo). They are probably higher quality there.

Chris Foss versions are nice.

The Ron Cobb designs are great too.

Eagle

Commander Ret.
Well from what I've seen so far, a lot of people are going to be pretty happy with it. The extra storage capacity has really allowed for some fantastic special features and supplementary materials.
Did you manage to get any material from our members here? :)

S1999LA

Alphans
Leviathan internals

I would love to see a high-rez version of Cobb's internal color-coded layout of the Leviathan. It appears he made them consistent in two dimensions and would lend some insight into Nostromo's final design perhaps...

...and I'm just plain curious...:D

moonbuggy

Forum Supporter
Chris Foss made the disings for the "Die Sturzflieger "movie,and here she is
now called "TITANIUS".8)

cheers
Helge

Dave

Alphans
Is it just me, or does the side view of Ron Cobb's design look very much like the 'Battlehawk' from Terrahawks?

Hmmmmm...

Alphans
I don't like the director's cut of A L I E N. I much prefer the original edit. However the directors cut of 'Aliens' is much better since a lot was cut from the original, but even some scenes in this don't work for me either.

Last edited:

Dr Kane

Alphans
Lovin' the Chris Foss model. :thumbup: I have very fond memories of all those SF book illustrations by Foss and Peter Elson... great stuff.

I'm sure I own a magazine showing some of Ron Cobb's spacesuit and interior designs for 'Alien'. I'll check to see if they've been posted elsewhere on this site; if not I'll scan 'em and put 'em up.

I've just read that Alien 5 is now very much a go with RIDLEY SCOTT directing!!!!!!! It is to be a prequel apparently. The franchise is certainly turning out to be as unkillable as a certain xenomorph!!