Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

ALIEN -Standing 'C' Deck set 1:1 (sort of)

Ham Salad

Alphans
Well, some of you might remember I built a charity Halloween haunt based on 'alien'.

Said organization collapsed, and since they weren't going to be storing anything I had to take the set apart and store it myself. I didnt' want to lose all the work I did building it, and that this happened proves that I was wise to design the thing in modular panels....which were easy to take apart and put on a truck.

As I didnt' want it taking up my shole shop, I decided to build an addition on the the side of the building to house it...but of course, this means I had to configure the set as a corridor. It's also rather more narrow than the original nostromo C deck corridors, so there's a bit of compromise there. The space the addition had to fin is meant the corridor could only be about 6' wide... so here's what it looked like until about 4 months ago (to be continued)

Attachments

• Nostromo C deck lights1.jpg
    Nostromo C deck lights1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8

skiffy

Alphans
That's very cool Ham Salad. It reminds me of the haunt that was featured way back in Starlog that Bob Burns was involved in. They got Walter Koenig to star in it too. :) Your's looks fabulous. So is it a permanent addition to your home now?

Ham Salad

Alphans
Well, it's in a attachment to my shop, which is basically an open ended structure attached to a separate building. It could still be taken apart, as (again) its made of modular panels. Its basically my only standing set, which I expect (hope) will be used for production at some point..anyhow, it also works for storage of big things. Actually, I hope that J. Banes (who I am helping with his B7 fanfilm) will let me shoot some 'b' roll spaceship interior with it...not because I want to take his movie away from him, but then at least I can say it was used for SOMETHING (other than as a place to take costume photos) . As for bob, he had basically all the original Alien props that were brought to the US to promote the film, which kinda gave him an advantage...also, he apprantly had friends, while I do not.
Vut to be fair, building it on a budget meant a lot of compromises...for example, obviously the original was built our of BRITISH plastic pallets (also used in aliens and star wars) which are much more cool looking but which would have cost me about 100 bucks apiece (because I'd have no way to get used ones over there)

Attachments

• me oniel outland redacted small.jpg
    me oniel outland redacted small.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Ham Salad

Alphans
The last 4 months, I added a new section and changed the end

Attachments

• Nostromo C deck lights 2 small.jpg
    Nostromo C deck lights 2 small.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Ham Salad

Alphans
Not perfectly accurate as a perfect replica of a specific console, basically a pastiche of details from various c deck wall consoles in the movie...working controls include an actual test instrument from the '70s made by HP specifically designed and programmed to run test sequences for some device series long obsolete and forgotten. But, it still works: cool things happen in you push buttons!

Attachments

• c deck lit console still.jpg
    c deck lit console still.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 5