Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

All-white Dinky Eagles were NEVER released!!!

Yes! Sounds great alfalfa! I was in Paris in 2008 but didn't find that shop. I don't expect to be back there real soon but would love the address or a name of the shop just in case! :)

And YES! Piccies pleeeaassee!!! :D

alfalfa

Alphans
Its not exactly the merchandise section of Catacombs but it certainly made a welcome change from looking at shoes with Mrs Alfalfa.

Shop is called 'lulu berlu'. 2 Rue Grand Prieure, 11th district, nearest metro is Oberkampf.

www.lulu-berlu.com. The v pleasent guy I spoke to says they ship worldwide.

It had lots of other really cool stuff and I could have spent half a day in there but the lure if the Gallaries La Fayette was too strong for Mrs A:roll:

Last edited:

alfalfa

Alphans
Honestly I had to be dragged away from the Action man stuff alone. I had a 6 wheel S1999 style moonbuggy that my nephews wrecked and got lost.

In scale with Action man that I 'Alphaized' age 12.

Christ I wish I had it now. I aquired it from an american kid who lived down the road. Never seen it since but it was soooooooooooo cool.

Thanks alfalfa. Wow! What a great shop & a great site. Seems I'm not going to have a very productive day afterall! :lol:

And it looks like my old carded Buck Rogers & Black Hole figures are actually worth something. Who knew!

alfalfa

Alphans
I just couldn't believe it. I had hoped to run into a sci fi shop in the district 3 but cases and cases full of boxed 60's 70's and 80's toys was beyond my wildest dreams. VV pricey but if you have the cash...

alfalfa

Alphans

Hope these pics come up have never had to do this before:D

I am sorry, but comments here that the white Eagle did not exist, are totally B/S, I know because I had one. They were incredibly rare, and if they were made, but not issued as some people claim, then clearly some of them found their way to the shops.

Who are we to say that someone didn't nick some from a warehouse and sell them on to a retailer? Those kinds of iffy shenanigans were quite common back then. There was a big fuss made over my eagle because it did not have the shitty green colour for the side stands and other parts. My Eagle was also not a medical eagle and it was not a waste carrier either, as another friend of mine had both of those. How I wish I had kept it.

I also recall seeing one some time later at a jumble sale, and another friend of mine who had about 8 or Eagles also had one in his collection. So sorry, just because not everyone had one and they were hard to get, or not issued or whatever people want to say, didn't mean they did not exist.

Last edited:

thundergod

Alphans
I've one of those "ultra-rare" Dinky Freighters with the missing magnet and cannisters if anyone's interested . ( Serious offers only please).

alfalfa

Alphans
I am sorry, but comments here that the white Eagle did not exist, are totally B/S, I know because I had one. They were incredibly rare, and if they were made, but not issued as some people claim, then clearly some of them found their way to the shops.

Who are we to say that someone didn't nick some from a warehouse and sell them on to a retailer? Those kinds of iffy shenanigans were quite common back then. There was a big fuss made over my eagle because it did not have the shitty green colour for the side stands and other parts. My Eagle was also not a medical eagle and it was not a waste carrier either, as another friend of mine had both of those. How I wish I had kept it.

I also recall seeing one some time later at a jumble sale, and another friend of mine who had about 8 or Eagles also had one in his collection. So sorry, just because not everyone had one and they were hard to get, or not issued or whatever people want to say, didn't mean they did not exist.

ERRR. Its not such a biggiie, is it? You can just switch the pods and put it back in then box. OR...... Go to the factory in 1976 and fill your boots with whitey eagles. Its an over rated thing.

I just bought an all white eagle off of ebay yesterday. It has chrome engine bells and chrome outside thrusters, don't know about the pod thrusters. I didn't buy it because of any rarity, but rather because I personally think that Eagles should be white, not green (although I like the green ones as well because I had one as a kid). Fortunately, mine was not advertised as an original, so I knew what I was getting. it is interesting that the paint on the pod seems to be worn about the same amount as the paint on the main body...someone must have swapped pods on this one a long time ago. Either way, I don't really care what color it is, since I will now have my first intact Eagle in over 25 years.