Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Anderson Exhibitions

captain_Ed

Alphans
I have been wondering for some time if there are any pics out there of the various Anderson exhibitions of the 60's and seventies? I attended the Space 1999 exhibition in Selfridges in '76 but didn't have a camera (I was 12!) Surely somewhere someone must have taken pics of this and the previous ones??

Blue Moon

Alphans
Have you seen the exhibition photos on the catacoombs site? I think they cover all the exhibitions from the Selfridges one onwards :yes:

captain_Ed

Alphans
No I haven't. I'll hotfoot it over. I've seen a lot of the 70's Blackpool exhibitions onward. Was hoping there would be earlier stuff out there somewhere!

Yeah it would be superb to see a few of the early exhibitions, my uncle attended a Fanderson convention in 84, he still has the programme but no photos unfortunately

Dave

Alphans
According to Martin Bower, one exhibition in the late 60's/early 70's that he attended had many of the original models but you weren't allowed to take photos...

Blue Moon

Alphans
You have to remember, that the Blackpool Space City exhibition that was the first permanent GA exhibit, was only set up by the Blackpool tower company to compete with the Long standing Doctor Who exhibition, which was situated along the same stretch of sea front!

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
I remember the Blackpool exhibition well. There was the Brian the Brain prop near the entrance as I recall or it might have been the exit. It made for a great day seeing that and the Dr Who exhibition one after the other !

Blue Moon

Alphans
Yep, I was a lucky little boy indeed, my late grandfather was the 'commissionaire' on the door of the WHO exhibition, so I spent many a fab day in the summer time, in the exhibition with my friends-knowing we wouldn't get thrown out for being in there most of the day! :lol:

For those interested here in the U.S., Anthony Taylor has been putting together an Anderson exhibit for this year's Wonderfest (Louisville, Kentucky--May 18th and 19th). I'm not privy to all of the specific items in the exhibit but they will include props, models, costumes and artwork. I've heard that Anthony has borrowed some items from Greg Jein's collection, including Barbara Bain's spacesuit from Space:1999. I will also be contributing a few items as well--my model of Mike Trim's original design for the UFO Moonbase Interceptor, some paintings and drawings by Mike and possibly a couple of other items. Anyway, it should be a fun weekend and a way for us yanks to acknowledge Gerry's work and influence...

Last edited:
I believe that the items Anthony mentioned as coming from Greg Jein were the aforementioned spacesuit as well as costumes used by Landau and Catherine Schell. Regardless, I'll make sure I get plenty of shots to share with you guys.
BP

Eagle-2

Chief Eagle Pilot
I believe that the items Anthony mentioned as coming from Greg Jein were the aforementioned spacesuit as well as costumes used by Landau and Catherine Schell. Regardless, I'll make sure I get plenty of shots to share with you guys.
BP

Thanks, look forward to seeing them. Wonder how complete the spacesuit is (mine has the "B.B. No.2" neckpiece)? And I wonder if Helga has been bodied and costumed?

Last edited:

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
I loved the Blackpool space city exhibition, my parents would leave me there and pick me up when it closed, still got stickers and cards from it ;-).