Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Angel Interceptor Drawings.

DX-SFX

Alphans
Courtesy of Phil Rae.

If referencing these drawings elsewhere on the web, please link to this page rather than posting elsewhere, thanks.

Wardster

Alphans
Too awesome! Thanks for allowing these drawings to be "shared" by other fans of the design! Very kind and generous of you, Mr. Rae! (And to your buddy, for posting them.)

Don't read anything bad into this comment, folks, but it puts a smile on my face to see things like blueprints in the still-half-pencil stage. I'm glad to see that a pencil and "time to see things differently" is still one of the best ways to make sure a set of drawings is accurate. When I do drawings of my own, they end up smeared and scribbled on, quite a bit, in the earliest stages ... and it's pleasant, I think, to see I'm not alone in those habits!

Thanks again!

Wardster

Alphans
Dumb (newbie) question: if a person wanted to obtain a copy of Mr. Rae's drawings of the Supercar model, where would they look?

I realize many of his blueprints were once printed in a now-out-of-print fanzine called SIG; but I presume Mr. Rae still has the rights to them, and that it's not uncool for someone like me (who's working on a replica of the Hepcat sub from Stingray -- the original of which may have used the bubble canopy pieces from Supercar) ... to ask about possibly seeing those drawings; so he could build his replica better; and also be able to do better blueprints, once it was done? Any chance he'd allow a one-time post of the Supercar blueprints? Or one of his buddies would e-mail me a copy of them (with his permission, of course!)? Or ...?

dukedexter

Alphans
Dumb (newbie) question: if a person wanted to obtain a copy of Mr. Rae's drawings of the Supercar model, where would they look?

I realize many of his blueprints were once printed in a now-out-of-print fanzine called SIG; but I presume Mr. Rae still has the rights to them, and that it's not uncool for someone like me (who's working on a replica of the Hepcat sub from Stingray -- the original of which may have used the bubble canopy pieces from Supercar) ... to ask about possibly seeing those drawings; so he could build his replica better; and also be able to do better blueprints, once it was done? Any chance he'd allow a one-time post of the Supercar blueprints? Or one of his buddies would e-mail me a copy of them (with his permission, of course!)? Or ...?

The Supercar blueprint was in SIG Issue 3.
I'm wondering whether the Supercar cabin 'bubble' was put on Hepcat backwards. Look at the shape of the glass and the position of the castellated beam (rear of Supercar, front of Hepcat). :think:

FeRaHGo

Alphans
Awesome pictures, are these originals? My Anderson 'fact book' (sounds childish now i've written it!) says that the Angel design was 'invented' on a Concorde flight to America