Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Any interest in an accurate Scorpio Gun Kit?

birdie

Alphans
I'm currently working on my Scorpio pistol, based off Neophyl's aluminium parts?

This would be an entirely new build based on the dimensions in the other thread. Most parts would be cast in resin, but with laser-cut perspex shrouds and possibly some metal parts and decals included.

I can post up some pics of the work I've done so far if anyone is interested in getting an idea of how it would look.

Exterminator

Deputy Commander
Staff member
I wonder if it would be possible to go for the "full metal jacket" of aluminium construction, also an aluminium holster as well??

birdie

Alphans
Unfortunately a CO2 laser cutter is not able to cut aluminium, and I don't have the time to machine individual barrels and scopes, so I would only be able to offer kits as outlined above.

I will put some pics up later on of what I have done on my own build so far, that will give some idea of how it would look.

KevinD

Alphans
All this advanced technology, I used a hacksaw and a file to make mine! Ok, I did need a lathe for the barrel.

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi KevinD!
Hacksaw, File and Lathe! YES! Exactly how Martin built the originals! ( I was there ) That's how to create a true Replica!
All the Best, Bill.

birdie

Alphans
Tough crowd :?

Anyhoo, a couple pics of the middle section

With Neophyl's shrouds and my lathed flash-hider

Ham, got you covered :) Other bits and bobs are in, just trying to find time to put it all together.

Last edited:

birdie

Alphans
It would be mostly resin casts, with 3mm perspex shrouds + the grills and mirror head screws supplied.

It seemed from the main clipgun thread that there was more interest for a decent kit, but I certainly understand the desire for an aluminium version. I'll probably put plans on hold for the time being.

I'll post progress pics in this thread, if anyone else comes along wants a gun just post here or drop me a PM, may be a go later in the year :)

birdie

Alphans
Well, I finished my kit :)

The shrouds are made from mirror acrylic that has been sand with 800 grit wet and dry to get a fairly authentic aluminium effect.

I have a table at Smallspace on Sunday and will have some kits for sale, please come and say hello if you're going to be there, I'll be bringing lots of Blakes props along, including my completed Blake Killer rifle.

More Pics on my site:

https://www.facebook.com/Sflaserservices

Last edited:

Ham Salad

Alphans
Well, I finished my kit :)
I'll be bringing lots of Blakes props along, including my completed Blake Killer rifle.

You didn't mention you finished that...pictures?

I'll pass along the status' to potential customers...do you have a price for the kit?

birdie

Alphans
You didn't mention you finished that...pictures?

I'll pass along the status' to potential customers...do you have a price for the kit?

I've been a bit out of the loop as I broke my ankle in three places a few weeks ago :?

I'll be in a wheelchair for Smallspace, then having surgery the next day, so its turning into an interesting summer.

There are some more pics on my Facebook page linked above. Kits will be £100 on Sunday.