Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Any pics of the new Fab 1?

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Swingin' & Swayin'...

Just wouldn't be the same, without those palm trees - powers that be, take note!

TB1 & 4 are the most sympathetic updates - TB3 is a bit blocky and TB2 is growing on me - does it look like the wings swing up- maybe no tilting palm trees this launch sequence?

Logically they should have both Models and CGI- use each type according to what the shot needs.
TB-5 looks like the outer ring spins for gravity, which would be a step backwards in tech if so. TB-4 looks good,
I really still do not care for what they did with TB-2 & TB-3- no grace at all.

Logically they should have both Models and CGI- use each type according to what the shot needs.
TB-5 looks like the outer ring spins for gravity, which would be a step backwards in tech if so. TB-4 looks good,
I really still do not care for what they did with TB-2 & TB-3- no grace at all.

That's what they'll probably do. They'll have to use CGI for the flying sequences but maybe models for the ground shots.

Odahs

Alphans
Do you have a reference stating they are using models and CGI?

It would seem odd to use models for ground shots and CGI for flying sequences. I thought the format was CGI with live action sequences (people and sets) rather than models being involved, though I could be wrong and would be interested in where it is stated they are using models.

Do you have a reference stating they are using models and CGI?

It would seem odd to use models for ground shots and CGI for flying sequences. I thought the format was CGI with live action sequences (people and sets) rather than models being involved, though I could be wrong and would be interested in where it is stated they are using models.

No it's supposed to be CGI people and miniatures not live action and CGI like the awful Frakes movie. They'll have to use CGI for the flying sequences to at least remove any wires but they'll probably just use CGI craft for the flying sequences

ST-Voyager did the best mix of CGI and physical models, at times swapping back and forth in a single sequence. You can do a lot of dynamic moves and position shifts with CGI that would be way too complicated or impossible with motion control or wires.
Models have a certain weight and feel to them that CGI cannot match yet. Mixing them as needed to complete a scene makes a lot of sense.
Thunderbirds is known for models on strings- it is part of the shows essence. When we watch it at home the models are very relateable to my stepson- they look like the stuff he is building and I cannot wait to have him build his first Thunderbirds kit. CGI has it's place, but it is not a complete substitute yet. I am glad they are going with a mix instead of all CGI like in the new Scarlet.

Odahs

Alphans
I'm very agreeable to the use of models, particularly for ground vehicles, it worked well in Moon for example. I've got my wires (strings) crossed somewhere about the proposed format.

ST-Voyager did the best mix of CGI and physical models, at times swapping back and forth in a single sequence. You can do a lot of dynamic moves and position shifts with CGI that would be way too complicated or impossible with motion control or wires.
Models have a certain weight and feel to them that CGI cannot match yet. Mixing them as needed to complete a scene makes a lot of sense.
Thunderbirds is known for models on strings- it is part of the shows essence. When we watch it at home the models are very relateable to my stepson- they look like the stuff he is building and I cannot wait to have him build his first Thunderbirds kit. CGI has it's place, but it is not a complete substitute yet. I am glad they are going with a mix instead of all CGI like in the new Scarlet.

New CS was good [ except for the bland SPV replacement ] but yes nothing beats models/miniatures. I hope there's a nice weathered look to them too like in the original show.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
It's NOT A F-O-R-R-D-D...!

:2c:

(With props to that long-long-ago Ford commercial! ;))

Especially since the movie car generated so much negative flack, could be they're taking more time to get it right this time around.

Maybe... :hmm:

(Just remember those three little words: Spirit of Ecstasy!)