Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Battlestar Galactica scratchbuilt over 5' long

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
If this keeps up I will need to add a Battlestar section to the site. :lol:

Actually that might not be as daft as it first sounds.... :think:

I could expand the generic modelling section a little just to keep it organised, I was thinking to do something like that to include Derek Medding's James Bond work.

I'll consult the software guru and see what kind of mood he is in. :D

Would you be willing to include building info for others Steve, frame patterns and the like? We haven't had a really good in depth, plastic everywhere kinda build session from you for ages... pretty please :pray: :D

Cap'n

steve36uk

Alphans
Well since you ask so nicely I might manage something like that!! Another one to add to the "to do " list in Skunk works!!!
Good idea on the Galactica section-keep me and Duey quiet!!:D

models

I tell you the truth I'am running out of space for large scale models, going to build a new place in a couple years --might have to sale them lol
Thanks Ken

starlord

Alphans
that BSG model is a good one, my fist one I built was back in 1979 and got it from a hobby shop. I'll see if I can post an image of mime.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 28

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Looks brilliant Ken (!) but can't understand why you didn't make it a little larger to studio scale at 6 foot which would have meant you could have utilised the original kit parts (or at least the easily obtainable most recognised ones) ? Having to scratch-build the most noticable kit parts at a slightly smaller scale must have been a pain in the a**.
Still - it certainly has the look and feel of the studio prop and to the non kit part spotter they would never notice the difference. It's a great model.

battlestar

Looks brilliant Ken (!) but can't understand why you didn't make it a little larger to studio scale at 6 foot which would have meant you could have utilised the original kit parts (or at least the easily obtainable most recognised ones) ? Having to scratch-build the most noticable kit parts at a slightly smaller scale must have been a pain in the a**.
Still - it certainly has the look and feel of the studio prop and to the non kit part spotter they would never notice the difference. It's a great model.

Thanks for your comments.
ken