Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

BBC TV Marvin the paranoid Android Suit

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Hi Guys,

Andy Hopkinson has forwarded some great pictures of the original Marvin Suit from Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Images in this post are Copyright Andy Hopkinson 2012:

Glazy

Alphans
Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to take you to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction, 'cause I don't.

SteveDix

Alphans
My favorite piece of HH is the exchange between Marvin and the Frogstar Robot. That and his autobiography.

T.F.U.

Alphans
"Your plastic pal who's fun to be with" Sirius Cybernetics Corporation (followed by gunfire).

karr1981

Assistant Commander
Staff member
"These aren't the droids you're looking for" .....

no wait thats not right, hang on....

"It's no use, V.I.N.C.E.N.T.! My useful days are finished! But part of me goes with ya! It won't ever be defeated! "..........

damn i suck at this game :yes:

Seriously though awesome pics thanks Andy :thumbup:

"Did it have oceans?"
"oh yes! Big, wide, rolling blue oceans..."
"Can't stand oceans"
"Tell me do you get on well with other robots?"
"Hate them"

Seriously wonderful pics there mate. Thank you for sharing them :D

Glazy

Alphans
I think the original Marvin was probably one of the only highlights of the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005) movie !! It's a superb design and the voice was great !!

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
This prop/suit is really lovely...
Well designed and beautifully engineered, all the joints still work as they did in the 1980's.
It will be around long after all of us...

I hope that it eventually ends up in something like the Science Museum in London.

Andy H.

Glazy

Alphans
This prop/suit is really lovely...
Well designed and beautifully engineered, all the joints still work as they did in the 1980's.
It will be around long after all of us...

I hope that it eventually ends up in something like the Science Museum in London.

Andy H.

The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million: they were the worst, too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that, I went into a bit of a decline. :)