Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Big Bang Theory

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Eagle Model (Really) Makes a Big Bang!

Got you covered, VT - check under 2014 Events and my thread San Diego Comic-Con 2014 - Welcome Thunderbirds! It came about due to a very fortuitous meeting during SDCC weekend...

One update: Big Bang Theory has since moved to Thursday nights on CBS; so will be all eyes to try to spot our favorite Eagle model tonight - now that's product placement for you! ;)

http://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/bbt-eagle.jpg

Not sure if this was posted? There used to be a thread about Ace 1999 in media, but I can't find it.

Anyway, the eagle is now part of a popular US sitcom!!

Last edited:

Steve Gerard

Alphans
When this Big Bang Theory episode debut a few weeks ago I was extremely pleased to see the Space:1999 Fundimensions Eagle model kit! :clap: :cheers: :D

I hope that the writers on Big Bang Theory eventually have the characters mention Space:1999 in an episode. :yes:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Mention In Dispatches...!

I hope they will, too (in the nicest way, of course) - it's the next logical step! :yes:

Dave

Alphans
I see the Eagle turned up again on Big Bang Theory the other night. Interesting colour scheme for the pod...

Excuse the photos, quick snap with the phone.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Yipes - Stripes!!

:pics: :pics:

Great catch there, Dave - and two different boxes, no less. Makes sense, doesn't it, for a character who's been to the International Space Station...:#:

Clearly, you have (dare I say it? Dare - dare!) an Eagle-eye! :D

boatshewsd2

Alphans
ADD: Eagles, and More!

Spotted 'em again, on tonight's BBT episode! (The Expedition Approximation)

Also spotted a Saturn V and some other nice-looking rocket models sitting nearby...

Last edited:

Dave

Alphans
Eagles spotted again in Big Bang Theory (last week's episode of the new series)- on Sheldon's t-shirt!

Last edited:

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Sharp-Dressed Man...

Another great catch there, Dave - good close-up, too, of the detail. Looks like a number of classic sci-fi shapes there...! :yes: