Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Blackpool Comic Con 2015

Eagle-2

Chief Eagle Pilot
Having to put this here as there's no '2015 events' forum (even though we're more than hallway through the year and we've already had 'Sci-Fi Scarborough' and 'smallspace 4'...)

Announced today...

"Good Morning Conateers!
‪#‎BIGFRIDAYANNOUNCEMENT
‬Back in 1977, fans of The Worlds of Gerry & Sylvia Anderson were treated to something very special in Blackpool: an Anderson Exhibition known as Space City! 37 years later we are proud to be devoting one of our areas at Winter Gardens Blackpool 12/09/15 to ‪#‎SpaceCity2015‬.

ASA / Eagle 6 Forum Group are bringing together the team's private collections! This means original props, miniatures, vehicles, puppets, over 30 costumes, and other original ships not seen in public for over 30 years, plus first class replicas made by the rest of the team! Celebrating Space: 1999's 40th Anniversary with Eagle 1 & 2 plus Alpha, the Command Center set and more! Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Thunderbirds and Stingray with replica puppets and originals from Captain Scarlet and The Mysterons, Joe 90 and more!"

Photos and details of everything else going on can be found here:

http://www.blackpoolcomiccon.com/

So if you're near Blackpool in mid-September it will be worth a visit.

Oh, and Brian Johnson will be there too. :)

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Its sounding like it could be one of the best events of the year, I'm actually starting to get excited!

Eagle-2

Chief Eagle Pilot
Its sounding like it could be one of the best events of the year, I'm actually starting to get excited!

It's such a shame though that the exhibition will only be for one day. But it certainly will be a stunning display. I'm looking forward to seeing things that haven't seen the light of day for decades! :clap:

Blue Moon

Alphans
Sod's law, until the beginning of this year, I had lived all my life about 15 minutes away from Blackpool. Now I'm 150 miles away!-DOH! :rant:

Eagle12

Alphans
I'm 5,000+ miles away and I'm going. Very excited, besides blowing my savings, but have always wanted to see these models in person. Then a trip down to London to see the Prop Store's exhibit of their auction items. Christopher Reeves Superman suit and the original TNG Enterprise plus so much more. Even got tickets to Rocky Horror Picture Show (another 40th anniversary) with Stephen Fry and Richard O'Brien during the live broadcast, nose bleed section. Still, Oh so excited. ;)

Last edited:

foggyhome

Alphans
Hi ,I will be in San Francisco again for the last two weeks in Nov,are there any decent model shops in town as I don't seem to able to find any,I found one in Chinatown about six years ago but I couldn't find it again,thanks for any help you can offer.Ray

For Any one from the forum going I've looked out my Space 1999 Eagle B&W Tee
My son is dressing at 11th Doctor and my wife is the TARDIS
If you spot us say hello

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Guys, I need 3 tickets for this event as i promised my kids I'd take them, but looking on the website it now says all sold out ! Can anybody help ?

Blue Moon

Alphans
I screwed up too, says sold out now on sites (unless you want VIP-I can't stretch to that! :O) Oh and I had me Cosplay Super Swift crew jacket all ready to wear ;)

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
The Gerry Anderson display has now apparently been cancelled by the event organisers. No real reason given.

Eagle-2

Chief Eagle Pilot
Quoting Jim Winch of ASA on Facebook...

"ITS WITH A HEAVY HEART THAT I NEED TO POST THAT ASA/ EAGLE6 WILL NOT BE DISPLAYING AT THIS WEEKENDS BLACKPOOL COMIC CON
I AM SORRY FOR EVERYONE THAT HAD MADE PLANS TO COME ALONG .
WE HAVE BEEN WORKING BEHIND THE SCREENS TO SORT OUT THE PROBLEMS.
BUT TIME HAS RUN OUT ."

:(

Was not a well run Con - the site is down now with all the negative comment thy were getting hit with gone - people were talking about a report to trading standards was all that was advertised but not there - Space City Flynn's arcade and the range of cars plus some guests dropped out even when there were photo shoots booked!