Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Book: The Making of Stanley Kubrick’s '2oo1: A Space Odyssey'

Michel Van

Alphans
Now for 50 anniversary of Production begin of 2001, Offers Taschen Verlag

The Making of Stanley Kubrick’s '2oo1: A Space Odyssey'

on 1384 pages, i repeat: one thousand three hundreds and eighty-four pages in 4 volumes.
Volume 1: Film stills
Volume 2: Behind the scenes (including new interviews with lead actors, senior production designers, and key special-effects experts)
Volume 3: Facsimile of original screenplay
Volume 4: Facsimile of original 1965 production notes
Four hardcover volumes with a metal slipcase, all designed by M/M (Paris)

Made in exclusive collaboration with the Kubrick estate and Warner Bros., this copiously illustrated work features hundreds of unique 2oo1-related documents, concept artworks, and superb behind-the-scenes photographs from the Kubrick Archives—most of which have never been published before—as well as exclusive correspondence and personal testimony from Kubrick's co-screenwriter Arthur C. Clarke.

So were is the problem on that ultimate 2001 book of all time ?
Limited to a total of 1,500 copies !
and prize tag of €500 or U$750 or 450 pounds :rant: :cry:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/cat..._of_stanley_kubricks_2oo1_a_space_odyssey.htm

SteveDix

Alphans
Taschen Verlag is based not that far from me. I'll have to go and have a look at their shop on the ring, and see if they have a copy...