Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Born for Adversity

johnnybear

Alphans
I've read a synopsis of this one a while back and also from someone who has read it but what was David Kano's fate?:eek:
Does this also feature The Psychons and Maya's brother?
JB

Cheers John.

PS.If I like what I hear,I might get it!

It does feature Maya's brother. He turns out to be a bit overzealous, just like Mentor & Dorzak. As far as what happened to Kano, the Alphans discovered in this book that the "merging" he did with Computer during "Guardian Of Piri" held onto more of his personality than they thought & now he & Computer are One. Kanos' heaven! The ACTUAL Kano stayed with Paul & Tanya & several others in the novel "Survival" on a New Earth. If you do get the novels (and, I highly recommend them), chronologically you should read "Born For Adversity" followed by "Omega" then "Alpha". All are very good. I think the best part of this "trilogy" is they opened up Main Mission again. Hurrah! I hated Command Centre, even in the novels.

johnnybear

Alphans
Cheers David,I'll have to see what Amazon is charging...Always wondered if we'd learn more about Maya's brother after the comments in Rules of Luton.
JB:thumbup:

Cheers David,I'll have to see what Amazon is charging...Always wondered if we'd learn more about Maya's brother after the comments in Rules of Luton.
JB:thumbup:
Actually, there's a whole slew of Psychons in "Born For Adversity". It's a fun book. You may have some luck on Amazon. I found "Survival" there for $15, which is $5 less than what they normally charge. Punch in "Space:1999" followed by the books' title in the search engine & it should take you right where you want to go.

powysmateo

Alphans
SPOILERS!

I know it can be a daunting task to keep all the details of the books straight--it is for us sometimes! :) But Kano did not go with Paul and Tanya in The Forsaken. And his joining event with Computer did not take place in Guardian of Piri. In fact, he according to Born for Adversity, he didn't survive it. Or to be more accurate, his physical body did not survive it.