Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

BREAKING NEWS! Disney/Pixar announce "EAGLES"

Fun Pod

Alphans
PRESS RELEASE
"EAGLES" Launch to be Out of This World

J.A. Jester, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, announced today that in one of the most unique and elaborate movie premiers of all-time, Disney Pixar's exciting new feature "EAGLES" will stage its World Premiere at the Kennedy Space Centre.

"Pixar has captured the feel and excitement of Moonbase Alpha in their latest film, "EAGLES", and we felt that it would be great fun to stage the premiere in a setting that would do justice to the film, not because it is easy, but because it is hard. "EAGLES" director, Academy Award-winning filmmaker John Lasseter, has done an amazing job of bringing the world of Alpha and its Eagles to the big screen, and combining it with that magic Pixar story sensibility that appeals to absolutely everyone who loves Space:1999 series one. With the proceeds of this event to benefit the Alan Carter Crash Survivors charity, we hope to launch the film in grand style."

After taking moviegoers into the realm of toys, bugs, monsters, fish, and superheroes, the masterful storytellers and technical wizards at Pixar Animation Studios ("The Incredibles", "Finding Nemo", "Monsters, Inc."), Lasseter ("Toy Story", "Toy Story 2", "A Bug's Life") hits the spacelanes with a fast-paced comedy adventure set inside the world of Eagles, fueled with plenty of humour, action, heartfelt drama, and ingenious new ways of destroying the much admired spacecraft.

"We're thrilled to bring "EAGLES" to the global community of Eagle fans and this premier event is the perfect way to launch it. I have loved the worlds of Gerald whatshisname for a long time and "EAGLES" is a very, very, very personal story to me."

An all-star voice cast will also attend the "EAGLES" premiere. The film includes vocal performances by the original 'Space: 1999' series stars Martin Landau and Barbara Bain, plus a "fly-on" role by Nick Tate, widely considered to be the best Eagle crasher of all-time, as new fleet addition, Eaglet.

Landau is over the moon with the film.

"It has been an honour to work with Disney, John Lasseter, and his colleagues at Pixar. "EAGLES" is a fantastic film that celebrates everything that we love about Eagles, and it also looks at the unique world of Alpha in a new way. All of us are looking forward to what should be an explosive event."

"EAGLES" tells the story of Eagle Juan, the new Commander of Moonbase Alpha, who takes Trax, an aggressive, bigoted lunar tank, under his pod and teaches him that life is about the unpredictable journey, not the unknown destination, when he and his craftmates find themselves unexpectedly detoured to never before known planets. On route across the galaxy, Trax slowly warms to Moonbase Alpha's offbeat characters, who help him realize that there are more important things in life than addictive propellants, Eagle target practice, buggy squashing and blowing away 'shady' alien races.

Tickets for the September 13th premiere will be made available for purchase by the general public starting today.
For tickets, call 1-800-555-NUKE, visit the Kennedy Space Centre, or order online at the official "EAGLES" website:

eagletransporter.com

SPECIAL PREVIEW: MEET THE "EAGLES" CAST

:jest:

paul gray

Forum Supporter
excellent. i see you can turn your talents to Space 1999 as well as ufo.nice work again Fun Pod. not quite the 1st of April here in the UK yet,but happy 1st April down under
cheers Paul

Eagle

Commander Ret.

An April Fools - and I was so looking forward to sueing Disney for use of the Eagle nut badge there! ;) (You're quite welcome of course)

Keep up the spoof work, mate! :thumbup:

Bishop

Alphans
I'm too new to this. you got me until the pictures. I forgot it was April 1. As a Pixar fan...I mean.. as my my children are Pixar fans, I...they would have loved it. The pictures are great BTW. Loved the UFO ones too. SID being confronted by all the ufos reminded me of Marvin the Paranoid android being confronted by the police tank droid in the Hitchhikers Guide building in "Restaurant at the end of the Universe."

CR

Alphans
OK, I read the first two sentences, then looked over to see who had made the post... Fun Pod. Ah, this'll be a joke, then!
Of course, before I continued reading, I scrolled down to the pics.
:rofl:
It's taken me a few minutes to calm down enough to type a reply!

I really needed this, since I've been ill with the flu all weekend (made worse by having to work a twelve hour shift at the outset of the illness).

Thanks, Fun Pod! :thumbup: