Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Brian Johnson's Eagle 3

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Everyone,
Thought I'd add a few thoughts and pics...

I was working with Bill Pearson on Space Precinct at Shepperton Studios.
I can't remember how but it became clear that Brian Johnson still had an Eagle and maybe interested in selling it for the right price.
I spoke to him and said I was interested, and too my amazment he gave me his keys to his workshop at Bray Studios and said go and have a look at it... :O
So the next lunch hour I went over there...
He had lots of crates and tea chests full of stuff...
There was one crate that said R2 D2 on it, dont know what that was though ;)
I found the box with the Eagle in it and took it outside into the daylight (the photos below are the first pics I took, and made my decide to buy it),

I have to say another thing he definately had there (cos I looked through em) was all his original FX design shooting boards for both seasons of Space 1999...
They were lovely...
This was in 1995, and have no idea if he still has them.

Regards,
Andy Hopkinson

PS
Cant attach pics, sent them to Bernie...

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Get the best side? That'll be all of them then..!!!

As requested, here are the pictures Andy sent me.

Copyright Andy Hopkinson 2010

Andy has promised lots more pictures from his archive of Space Precinct images (he has several hundred if not thousands) if we respect his copyright, so please lets - ok?

Enjoy & thank you very much Andy :thumbup:

Cap'n

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Thanks All...

I've sent Bernie a few sample pics from SP, just to whet your appetite ;)
Im sure he'll add em to here, as soon as he can.

Andy

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hope you enjoy the sample pics...
Please note all Space Precinct photos are Copyright 2010 Andy Hopkinson/Mentorn Films, special thanks Steve Begg & Bill Pearson.

No. 1
Set up of a pluse gun, filmed in stop motion.
Steve Begg animating gun.

No. 2
City expolsion...
This was BIG !!!
The set is over 30 feet wide, each building is 5-10 feet tall.
I remember this because I set my camera up right next to film camera, although my camera had a motor drive I had to be very close to it.
All the other crew moved back, but I couldn't, I had a visor and head gear on.
The whole thing went up and the fire balls just kept coming towards me, but thankfully went over my head....
Just after I thought Ohh that was close, then felt heat on my shoulders, my jacket was on fire...

No. 3
Beauty shot the cruiser.

No. 4
Full FX/Model crew

No.5
A refinery shot being set up.

Some people may recognise some shots from other mags, SI-FI Modeller, FAB, Radio Times ect...
I used to supply them shots quite often.

Regards,
Andy

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
An exciting day for one Dr Who fan....

And that fan was Gerry Anderson's son Jamie. Also on set was Peter Wragg who is known to many fans of the Anderson Shows:

Many thanks to Andy Hopkinson these are from his collection - Copyright Andy Hopkinson 2010

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Thanks mate,
Didn't have anything to do with Terrahawks...
Have got loads of SP vehicle pics, in various stages of construction..
Also loads of season 3 Red Dwarf pics, original Starbug being made and lots of other stuff...

Andy

VoyagerOne

Alphans
Beautiful pics of Eagle 3 and from Space Precinct, Andy. I'm a big DW fan, so loved the pics of the TARDIS console, as well.

karr1981

Assistant Commander
Staff member
Great pics Andy

Great to see the awesome images, thanks for sharing them with the community.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Chris

Knight1966

Alphans
As requested, here are the pictures Andy sent me.

Copyright Andy Hopkinson 2010

Andy has promised lots more pictures from his archive of Space Precinct images (he has several hundred if not thousands) if we respect his copyright, so please lets - ok?

Enjoy & thank you very much Andy :thumbup:

Cap'n

:( Sadly someone has already posted pics to Facebook, nice going there :thumbdown::clap::G:

wormhole

Alphans
:O ive looked again and if you hadnt told me otherwise id still have taken it as a
full sized prop on set,well made and well lit.
Space precinct was a very underated series IMHO.

wormhole