Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

BSEV Prospero

Paul Lloyd

Alphans
A model I'm working on. It's supposed to be the starship from an imaginary early 70s BBC science fiction show.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Thank you Paul....

I love the retro feel to some of Paul's designs, I definitely hear the spares box calling for a build or two.... :D

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
I really like the yellow and black "35" I will build that as a physical model if you can publish orthographic views Paul (please). :D

techno

Alphans
These are Superb Designs! number 35 looks like something You'd see in Either Space:1999,Star Wars,or Disney's Space Mountain! Keep up the Superb Work! Dan

Howard

Forum Supporter
Fantastic work indeed Paul, with a great variety of styles. I particularly like the Foss inspired designs.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Hello! Thanks for the comments - I'll try to dig out the old files and do some orthographic views!

Be terrific if you can Paul...!

One other thing has crossed my mind, how about a competition to make a new interpretation of the paint scheme, it would be pretty easy to kit the design of "35" and offer it to competition entrants or maybe ask Paul to design something especially, building from scratch would be fine too.

You could finish it as an Alphan ship or a guest craft, would that be OK with you Paul? Also if you think I am insane let me know.... :D

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
The Icarus looks like is has mass and inertia, I had a hard time choosing just these from his portfolio. Paul really has that design style touch, they are fantastic.

The "White Ship" is inspired by Ultraprobe I think, but I love the extrapolation of the lifeboat design and I could well imagine this ship carries a dozen Galileo style satellites and launches them around nearby star systems....

SteveDix

Alphans
I thought the same about the white ship, and the Icarus has something of the Nostromo about it. Prospero looks like an extended-voyage 2001 Moon ferry. I think they all look fantastic, though.

How about having a competition where entrants have to pick one of the ships to build?

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
I would be game, what do others think?

How about it Paul, can we use these designs or could you perhaps give us something new? Some of these designs are old and I think he has trouble locating the original files.

It's a good idea, let's hope we can do it.