Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Captain Kremmen

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi guys,

I always remembered this from my youth. It's Captain Kremmen from the 1978 Kenny Everett show.
There was a model spaceship used very quickly, but is so obvious what kit it was made from.
Have a look at this, the model is right at the beginning of the clip.
If you guess it within 2 seconds, you'll get a MPC badge ;)

http://youtu.be/pyjKPbkkW9k

Andy H.

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
No idea who made the model...
Any ideas ?

I quite like it actually, may have to make one :D

Last edited:

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
It wouldn't have been Mat because this was a Thames TV production and Mat was staff at the BBC. In those days it was in your contract that you could only work on BBC productions, they were very strict on this and was a sackable offense to work for other companies.

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Kenny started his TV shows on Thames as The Kenny Everett Video Show, then after about 2 years, he did move to the BBC as The Kenny Everett Television Show.

B Smith

Alphans
Since the animation for those Kremmen segments was done by Cosgrove Hall, one could presume they cobbled it together.

Actually, I thought this thread was going to be about Kremmen's ship Troll-1 (seen at 2.19 of the same clip)

Last edited:

Kremmen21

Alphans
Hi, Sorry this is a late answer here! (Seven years late!) It was Joe Dembinski who built the model at Cosgrove Hall. I remember him building it. He quite enjoyed himself. Joe was a model animator and animated all the model animation scenes that appeared in Captain Kremmen. I did all the cel animation. The animation was very basic as we only had about a week to animate each episode lol.

Kremmen21

Alphans
Here's the Kremmen team from left to right. Chris Taylor, (Director) Barry Purvis, (not sure what Barry did). Ed Shirt, (did all the backgrounds), Me, (cel animation) and Joe Dembinski, (model animation). This photo appears in one of the episodes as the crowd welcoming Captain Kremmen back to earth.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 22.10.56.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 22.10.56.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 3

Kremmen21

Alphans
Sorry, that doesn't include all the team who painted the cels! This was in the days of hand painted cels before everything went digital. One of the team of painters, Bernard, later became famous with the band 'Joy Division' and then 'New Order'.

Dorzac

Alphans
Anyone notice how the body/front of the TROLL-1 looks like one of those old portable cassette players!?