Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Charlton Comics Space:1999

boatshewsd2

Alphans
The View From Out There...

And, what a view it was - that lead-page panorama from Demon Star (in issue 4), remains spectacular! Wish something like this could've been done during the series. (Algol, too, has never looked quite the same! :#: :*:)

And, yes, I still have all six of those Y1 issues; also seventh, harder-to-find, issue (only Y2)… :read:

klee

Alphans
And, what a view it was - that lead-page panorama from Demon Star (in issue 4), remains spectacular! Wish something like this could've been done during the series. (Algol, too, has never looked quite the same! :#: :*:)

And, yes, I still have all six of those Y1 issues; also seventh, harder-to-find, issue (only Y2)… :read:

I also have all seven Issues as well as both the Power Records Comics with records, I just posted the second one of those. I also have the Space:1999 comic magazines from Charlton. These were a larger, magazine size format B&W comic and had at least 64 pages. The stories were aimed more at adults since there was some mild nudity in a couple of the stories. There were six or seven of those magazines with at least one Year 2 issue that had 3 or 4 Maya stories in it.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Black & White, and Color Too!

Yes, I believe I also have those large-format B&W Charlton issues, as well (certainly sounds like we're thinking of the same thing!).

Between in-store purchases, and a few catch-up acquisitions at a convention I once attended, I managed to get all 6 of the Y1s. Definitely more for an *ahem* somewhat-older crowd (!) :eek: :read:

Also got the only (I think) Y2 they did, with that spectacular cover featuring Maya - always loved that wonderfully-slinky Psychon sparkly frock of hers! (O, to have had the figure to have worn it, though...*sigh*)

ADD: Am aware of those two story/record releases (eg Return to the Beginning), but never could get hold of them; also heard (no pun intended) that voices were others than those of the original cast - true?

I also have all seven Issues as well as both the Power Records Comics with records, I just posted the second one of those. I also have the Space:1999 comic magazines from Charlton. These were a larger, magazine size format B&W comic and had at least 64 pages. The stories were aimed more at adults since there was some mild nudity in a couple of the stories. There were six or seven of those magazines with at least one Year 2 issue that had 3 or 4 Maya stories in it.

Last edited:

klee

Alphans
Yes, I believe I also have those large-format B&W Charlton issues, as well (certainly sounds like we're thinking of the same thing!).

Between in-store purchases, and a few catch-up acquisitions at a convention I once attended, I managed to get all 6 of the Y1s. Definitely more for an *ahem* somewhat-older crowd (!) :eek: :read:

Also got the only (I think) Y2 they did, with that spectacular cover featuring Maya - always loved that wonderfully-slinky Psychon sparkly frock of hers! (O, to have had the figure to have worn it, though...*sigh*)

ADD: Am aware of those two story/record releases (eg Return to the Beginning), but never could get hold of them; also heard (no pun intended) that voices were others than those of the original cast - true?

The voices are completely different. They are on youtube if you want to give them a listen, just look up Power Records Space:1999. I think all of the stories from both the Book and Record sets and the albums have been posted there.