Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

CLASSIC EARLY DOCTOR WHO

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
Fed up with endless repeats of NEW Doctor Who on TV at the moment ?

Then check out the below link - some classic early Doctor Who available to view online :clap:

http://player.uk.msn.com/sci-fi/doctor-who?GT1=66752

Incidentally, there's some other good sci fi there on msn for viewing also - I watched 'Day of The Triffids' the other week.

Did you know that models from UFO Scarlet and joe 90 appeared in the prtwee years? frontiers of Sppace is ONE of the stories
phil

SPACE 1899

Alphans
Started watching the first 2 'MSN' episodes last night.
They certainly do have a S-L-O-W pace !!!
(not a criticism - just an observation)
Maybe I've been spoiled by the FAST pace of new Doctor Who, with all that constant loud music, shouting and running about ;)

dukedexter

Alphans
Did you know that models from UFO Scarlet and joe 90 appeared in the pertwee years? frontiers of Space is ONE of the stories
phil

Yes, it's interesting seeing them pop up. We did a feature on this in the last issue of Andersonic. Some of these will be familiar to many people here, but we turned up a few that surprised us. I believe it was Ian Scoones who took a load of Century 21's stuff when the studio closed.

This is Joe 90's 'Arctic Adventure' sub reused in Frontier in Space - recognisable from the shape of the underside.
Below is the F116 jet from Talkdown reused in Colony in Space

More interesting is the ship from The Man Who Came Back showing up in Frontier in Space (below) and Scarlet's Jetpack showing up as part of a drill on somebody's desk in Colony in Space (bottom pic). Anyone spotted any others?

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
Yes, it's interesting seeing them pop up. We did a feature on this in the last issue of Andersonic. Some of these will be familiar to many people here, but we turned up a few that surprised us. I believe it was Ian Scoones who took a load of Century 21's stuff when the studio closed.

Thanks for troubling to post the picks VERY interesting! They used a cut up Lunar module from UFO too. can you do any mor grabs please.
Cheers
phil

dukedexter

Alphans
Thanks for troubling to post the picks VERY interesting! They used a cut up Lunar module from UFO too. can you do any mor grabs please. Cheers phil

Hi Phil, these are the best I have, apologies for the dire quality (taken from a VHS to DVD transfer). Someone with the recent DVD release may have better quality grabs from Frontier in Space. Anyone have an idea which Dr Who story featured the Lunar Module?

Here's the puppet scale jet-pack, bottom left.

This is also from Dr Who/ Colony in Space - anyone recognise it from anywhere else? I don't think it's from Century 21, but not sure.