Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Color of TOS Enterprise

headcase

Alphans
I realize they both have lines, but I believe the engraving is only on the bottom of the saucer, whereas the top had the lines drawn on with pencil (from what I've heard)

techno

Alphans
I've Seen & Built a Model of the Enterprise and Still have it, but i Named mine after a Ship in the TOS version. my Model looked like it was Molded in white,i'd Suggest you go to www.cloudster .com for some Photos and Check for Yourself. Good Luck with Your build. Dan

headcase

Alphans
Oh, yeah - I've been a fan of that site for many years. I think I have it listed on the links page of my own site. Thanks for the reminder, though, techno!!

Knight1966

Alphans
Taken from the original

I believe these samples are from the original before the Smithsonian re-paint, as researched by Paul Newitt

Attachments

• Enterprise-paint-chips.jpg
    Enterprise-paint-chips.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 60

headcase

Alphans
I believe these samples are from the original before the Smithsonian re-paint, as researched by Paul Newitt

No. That article is on-line somewhere. What they are are paint samples which he writes about as to which are the clostest to the actual ortiginal studio scale model. But, Thanks! for the effort. I'm really leaning towards doing this in a very light bluish-gray, something I'll have to mix up myself. I'm only worried about making enough of it and keeping it from going sour before the build is done.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Taker a look at Steve Neill's garage build, he worked on the Motion Picture and many, many other film and TV projects. I have built a few Classic Enterprises over the years and finished them is white primer, now I understand the colour better I will go with a light ghost grey as Steve suggests.

He is the lighting king by the way, he went with the warp effect used on the 11 foot model with a modern upgrade to LED's, the look so effective. He also makes a kit of his model laid up in epoxy and it looks amazing. It certainly looks worth every penny of the $1500..! Just wish I could afford it.

I will make my own version next year probably on a smaller scale perhaps 30" I have found excellent reference on the RPF under the reference section.

Here is a link to Steve part 47 of his BIG E build, I watch them all over a few days and was sad when they finished.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfub2v8LcBc[/ame]

Enjoy

headcase

Alphans
Oh! Drool Drool! Man I really wanna get going on mine, but I PROMISED myself I wouldn't until I finish my Eagle. Otherwise, I'd probably never finish the Eagle.

I'm surprised he didn't have an open shuttle bay.

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
As far as I know there were zero engraved lines on the upper or lower saucer and the last refurb only confused things further. The latest "refurb" seemed to be based on Greg Jein's version from "Trials and Tribulations". They basically erased anything original and stuck totally non original graphics on it. It was a disgrace as most Enterprise fans still think. It looks the part to the public. Looks shit to anyone who actually knows the original (or pilot version) filming model in detail.

Last edited:
The lines on the Top of the Saucer on the 11ft miniature are drawn on.
The 3 concentric circles on the bottom of the saucer by the Photon Torpedo launcher are raised. Everything else is drawn.
On the 33" version the lines are also Drawn on.
The 5ft Version built for DS9 has engraved saucer grid lines

headcase

Alphans
OK OK - so, how do I make a template of the engraved lines, to pencil them in later? Also, I don't have access to my old domain to post photos from. Is there any way to upload photos directly to this forum?

hwels

Alphans
Yes, that is possible. Use the 'Attach files' and then 'Manage attachments' options. You can upload jpg pdf xls files.