Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Colour query ?

peter taft

Alphans
Can anyone please tell me what colour {see attachment} Is there a Humbrol paint or a mix for this ? All help would be very much appreciated :yes:

Attachments

• TB2 colour Q.jpg
    TB2 colour Q.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 88

Gixergs

Alphans
Hard to say,in some shots of the Big G it looks like a heavily weathered yellow,that looks like it's a heavily weathered and washed out red and in the Youtube video I've just watched it looks like its a bare metal,heavily weathered of course. Open up the picture in Photoshop use the eyedropper and it should give you a reasonable sample of the colour then use the bucket tool to recolour the parts,a bit of pastel weathering with a base grey or maybe a Burnt Sienna should give you a pretty good effect.

peter taft

Alphans
Hard to say,in some shots of the Big G it looks like a heavily weathered yellow,that looks like it's a heavily weathered and washed out red and in the Youtube video I've just watched it looks like its a bare metal,heavily weathered of course. Open up the picture in Photoshop use the eyedropper and it should give you a reasonable sample of the colour then use the bucket tool to recolour the parts,a bit of pastel weathering with a base grey or maybe a Burnt Sienna should give you a pretty good effect.

This i what i thought, i will do the photoshop and make a swatch and try that out for the parts - the main thruster with the supports do seem to have an overall weathered effect, especially in-between the booster supports :yes: Thanks mate, i will let you know how she blows as soon as i can. I am considering making them to a larger scale {just these motors} for a close up and the back deflector - push some smoke through to see if i can replicate the real deal - yes i am :nuts: :lol::wtf:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
On most of the miniatures I have seen this area is red. I think that the part is it's naked colour and wasn't sufficiently painted.

Artist license is acceptable :D

peter taft

Alphans
On most of the miniatures I have seen this area is red. I think that the part is it's naked colour and wasn't sufficiently painted.

Artist license is acceptable :D

I have seen this part in overall red too - some overall yellow{ish} Thanks for your input :thumbup:

peter taft

Alphans
Actually....

I posted a lot of photos of the studio scale model Martin Bower made during his time at the Thunderbirds Comic.

He used what I can only describe as a beige colour, take a look (down the thread).

http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132539&highlight=thunderbird

Thanks for the info - i looked and i think you hit the nail on the head. I have gone for a Trainer Yellow which i will dirty up {will be about beige then :thumbup: }

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
It's actually GOLD...I have a ton of images to verify this but this one should suffice....

Of course this depends on the model you are trying to copy...sometimes its red :)