Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Comic Miniatures Mk 3 Dalek

headcase

Alphans
Just finished building a Dalek! I built it as an Earth Force Leader from the Invasion Earth 2150 movie. I scratch built the beam weapon (left arm) and replaced the claw that came with the kit for the right arm with a toilet plunger (a half of a fuel tank from a space model). Other than that, it's built out of the box.
This was a fun build - just a couple of weekends. Enjoy!

Front:

Side:

Ray Gun:

Well, I know Tony's prices can be a joke, but I still believe that's "Comet" miniatures! :D:

Still, that's a great job you've done there Headcase, I really ought to get back on with my Daleks after several years away from them.

headcase

Alphans
LOL! Oops! I always spell check what I type in the text of the thread but I guess I forgot to do it when I typed in the title!!

JayCub

Alphans
it just makes the thread more fun, with comic miniatures,shows we are human after all and well spotted by Conrad, really like the Dalek build, always been a Dr Who fan, back on BBC the 30th of March for the lucky ones that get to see it. Current reruns on BBC3

headcase

Alphans
I get the BBC America channel on my satellite system - that's how I plugged in to Dr. Who again after all these years. I vaguely remember watching it some back in the 70s, but that decade is pretty much a fog for me!

TV21Dalek

Alphans
I love the warmer gold on that Dalek... the one in the film is more yellowy, but I prefer this colour. Lovely work on the gun... vast improvement.

headcase

Alphans
Thanks! That's standard Testors Model Master gold shot out of an airbrush. I thought about dicking around with it to make it look more like the Dalek in the film, but this was supposed to be a just-for-fun build as a break from the Eagle I've been working on since last May, so I just used the gold as is. I built the blaster originally as a hollow tube, like the movie & TV versions, but I forgot that the ends of the wires would show inside the tube once it was built, so I cut a disk of styrene sheet with a punch & die, painted it black, & glued it to the end.

headcase

Alphans
For anyone in the audience who doesn't know, this is the Dalek I based this build on, from the movie "Daleks' - Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D." The most obvious difference between the 2 Daleks in this picture (besides their color) is that the one of the right has a claw on the end of its' right "arm" versus a "toilet plunger" on the gold Dalek on the left.

Headcase,

don't know if you are planning any more of these, but I might have a spare set of clear 'ear lights' for the movie dalek haning round at home. I'll have a look when I'm back there mid- march if you want.

headcase

Alphans
I actually considered casting some of them in clear acrylic resin. I may still. I am always hesitant to do any casting now, though, because I always end up throwing away most of the resin I buy because it has such a short shelf life.

But - yeah, if you have some clear ones I'd take them off your hands, CT!! Thanks!

headcase

Alphans
I was watching a show on BBC America last night about some of the history of Dr. Who, and one of the people they interviewed said that the Daleks were such a smash hit when they first appeared that they practically saved the show. I can relate - it was love at first sight when I saw them, too!! There's probably different opinions about this, I'm sure.