Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Commander Keonig

pjskeldon

Alphans
Watched 'Missing Link' last night and was reminded of something I spotted when it was first shown.

When Koenig enters the Medical Centre for the first time under Raan's influence, he sees a flatlining life function monitor labelled 'Keonig' (sic).

He doesn't seem to think this is odd - is this a genuine goof by the production company or is it a subtle hint that things are not quite as they seem?:think:

Phil.

DX-SFX

Alphans
Most people accept it's just a goof. The same way that on one occasion Koenig calls Alan by the actor's real name Nick.

alienation

Alphans
I noticed the goof with the name on the monitor, but yeah, which ep does Landau call Carter "nick"? I've seen actors do that onstage and it's always funny.

DX-SFX

Alphans
I can't remember but he definitely does it once and he also calls another background character in another episode by his real name (Jim/Mike?)

cmdrkoenig67

Alphans
I can't remember but he definitely does it once and he also calls another background character in another episode by his real name (Jim/Mike?)

Martin calls the actor playing Baxter by his real name in EOE (on Balor's asteroid, after the exposion to blow the door).

Dana

DX-SFX

Alphans
Thanks. I can't recall which episode he calls Alan Nick. I remember it's in main mission with all the other characters and Koenig's giving out orders and then turns to Carter to give him his. Yes, I know that's virtually every episode but without sitting through them all, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it's season one although don't hold me to that.

Alphans
Human Error, Forget it. By the way the Actor playing Baxter is Jim Smilie. (Jim :)) The line Martin L says is *Excuse me Jim".

Dr Kane

Alphans
The same way that on one occasion Koenig calls Alan by the actor's real name Nick.

Apparently, Luke Skywalker calls Princess Leia 'Carrie' (as in 'Fisher') towards the end of 'Star Wars' (that is, 'Episode IV: A New Hope'). I've never noticed it, but it's passed into legend.

CR

Alphans
Apparently, Luke Skywalker calls Princess Leia 'Carrie' (as in 'Fisher') towards the end of 'Star Wars' (that is, 'Episode IV: A New Hope'). I've never noticed it, but it's passed into legend.

It's after the heroes return from blowing up the Death Star... as Luke de-planes from his X-wing, a crowd of well-wishers led by Leia approaches. Luke yells what sounds to me like "Yayeee!" but it's also very similar to "Carrie!" I've been told he is indeed shouting "Carrie" in this scene.

Senmut

Alphans
I recall reading somewhere (can't recall where, just now) that "KEONIG" was a goof by the set dresser, which wasn't noticed until the dailies were run. Maybe they just thought the audience wouldn't pick up on it.

DARKVIEW

Forum Supporter
sorry to go off the topics but does martin landau wear a toupee?? back then and now?

hey didnt know till now that He was Gene Roddenberry's first choice to play Mr. Spock on "Star Trek" (1966), but the role went to Leonard Nimoy, who later replaced Landau on "Mission: Impossible" :wtf:

and whats the age difference between martin and Gretchen Becker :wtf:

Huntsman

Alphans
Does Martin Landau wear a toupe? I would only assume "no", as I have biased feelings for him. I do believe his hair has thinned through the years. I could, hoever, be incorrect on the tupe thing.

Martin wouldn't have made a very good Mr Spock. Still, the speculation of that intrigues me as what would they have done when the movies came out. Would Landau have been in them? Would he have directed III & IV?

cricket

Alphans
But why? There are many attractive (and dare I say sexy) men who wear toupees. Sean Connery comes to mind.

Last edited: