Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

CONFETTI A - OK EPISODE

SPACE 1899

Alphans
The fact that he arguably misappropriates Shado personel and equipment to get the drug for his son speaks volumes and it's only the subsequent turn of events that prevents the aircraft from arriving in time. The real pain comes from the fact that he can't explain it to his wife.

I wonder if work commitments went on to prevent Straker from attending his son's funeral.

Now that would have been a classic to explain to the wife !!!

StrakersWig

Alphans
Although it is dramatically correct that Question of Priorities ends on the hospital scene, it would have been interesting to see that original final coda where Straker goes to meet the blind woman which (I think) was filmed.

MkIXHawk

Alphans
Perhaps it was a preemptive divorce?

I think she divorced him on the grounds of Adultery; after all she had photographs 'proving' that Straker had spent the night with another woman (Nina Barry) and I suspect that Straker wouldn't have contested since to do so, it was possible that the truth about SHADO would have come out, so Straker sacrificed his marriage for what he perceived to be the greater good.

SPACE 1899

Alphans
I think she divorced him on the grounds of Adultery; after all she had photographs 'proving' that Straker had spent the night with another woman (Nina Barry) and I suspect that Straker wouldn't have contested since to do so, it was possible that the truth about SHADO would have come out, so Straker sacrificed his marriage for what he perceived to be the greater good.

All thanks to the interfering mother in law hiring that private investigator !!!

Straker should have sent some agents round to her house to rough her up a bit...

Or maybe he could have arranged for her to be conveniently killed in an unfortunate car accident...

MkIXHawk

Alphans
I can't help feeling the marriage was doomed from the start; although she was married to 'a Colonel in the Military Intelligence', Mary always wanted to know what Ed was up to. It's pretty evident that her mother's interference sowed seeds in a very fertile ground.
Trust is a vital part of any marriage and that had broken down quite rapidly in the Strakers' marriage.