Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Dalek Invasion of Earth 2009

I hope someone here can help me. I am trying to build an army of "Supreme Daleks" - the Black ones. From the original William Hartnell stories "The Daleks" and "The Dalek Invasion of Earth", the two Peter Cushing films of those stories, right up as modern as I can go, possibly to include the never used re-design, and the one black Dalek from 'new Who', Sec.

I have quite a stash of Comet Dalek kits to use, and have already started work on the supreme Daleks from the first stories and the films - and boy is it a job to get the skirts fitting without gaps evident.

However, I am stuck at the moment with only having video copiews of the Hartnell stories and am looking for any colour pictures that may be available of the Black Dalek from these early stories, especially from "The Daleks". I have taken some pictures with my digital camera from my TV screen and worked out that this version actually seems to use a standard TV Dalek base, which has then been placed on top of a movie base, where as the movie version of this particular Dalek is unique so far as I am aware in that the balls around the skirt alternate gold and silver, as do the neck rings. The colour of the balls on the TV version, as seen in black & white admittedly, seem to be the same colour as those of the silver Daleks, i.e. light blue.

Can anyone please either post colour pictures, if any exist, or let me know where such items can be found - even a description from the production giving colours used would be a great help.

And who knows, if I have enough parts or kits left over, I may do a gloss pink Dalek with gold balls and dome - I'll call it the Dalek 'Supreme'! :D:

ed_straker

Alphans

Thanks for the effort there, ed_straker. Unfortunately the colour shots you posted are from the films, whilst the shots from the TV series are still in B&W.

I am still no nearer knowing the actual colour of the balls of the Black Dalek seen in the TV version of "The Daleks".

I was hoping for someone who could name a publication, or a website, with colour pictures taken at the time of the production, possibly by one of the effects staff or actors.

However, after some sleep, my rather unreliable memory has dredged up a couple of nuggets of information.

1. One of the Dalek voices was provided by none other than our friend David Graham - "H'Exterminate, m'lady!"

and 2. There wasn't a black Dalek in the TV version of "The Daleks". All 6 units originally made by Shawcraft were of the silver/blue scheme and any others seen were just cut-outs. The original "Standee" as it were. I will have to wait until I get a DVD of the TV version of "Dalek Invasion of Earth" to confirm if a black dalek was in that story, although picture 2 does seem to confirm it. I still need to know what colour balls it had on it's skirt though.

Pictures of the Daleks as they are finished. I will be working on a skirt for the film version of the Black Dalek from "The Daleks" today.

dukedexter

Alphans
I was hoping for someone who could name a publication, or a website, with colour pictures taken at the time of the production, possibly by one of the effects staff or actors.

I will have to wait until I get a DVD of the TV version of "Dalek Invasion of Earth" to confirm if a black dalek was in that story, although picture 2 does seem to confirm it. I still need to know what colour balls it had on it's skirt though.

You could try looking on http://www.daleklinks.co.uk/
or joining http://www.dalekcity.co.uk/

I'm sure I've seen replicas of the black Dalek from the 2nd serial with blue balls :wtf: - the same colour as those on the original silver Daleks. The pics were in Dr Who Magazine many years ago. Those sites are pretty good resources.

yarvelling

Alphans
The above picture is a color shot of the black dalek from the Hartnel era...:thumbup:

Hi...thats odd....all the colour photo's that I've seen from that story show the black dalek (and the silver/black) with the same light blue hemi's that all the standard silver props used.

To Weaponsmith....a great resource for dalek props, their colours, modifications, etc is here: http://www.dalek6388.co.uk/

I look forward to your piccies of your models; I too have been in deep fascination with the Daleks, ever since I first saw them way back in that first serial during the sixties!

Thanks for the info. That has been invaluable, and has allowed me to sort out the different skirts I have being assembled at the moment, 2 standard film skirts, 1 combination TV/Film version with the TV base mounted on top of a film one, and a double height TV base.

I don't think I will go for the "Zebra Supreme" from early in the TV version of Invasion, but will stick with the totally black one from later in that story.