Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Dalek Invasion of Earth 2009

Straker vs Daleks

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but as this is a Dalek thread the latest issue of Dr Who mag (Tennant with red nose ) has details of Nations aborted 1967 series Daleks. There is quite an article with great artwork which shows a definate Straker(or Ed Bishop) leading the fight against the Daleks and I'm sure the other actor looks like Stuart Damon from the Champions
Worth checking out

Tony42, there never were that many colour schemes shown on TV or in the original movies. The ones in second Empire are all original designs by the author of the site as far as I know.

My builds are on hold whilst I spend a great deal of time on a total conversion of a Games Workshop vehicle in readiness for the national painting competition this September. I am giving myself plenty of time to get it ready as it will be about 2 foot long when finished - at a 28mm scale. There will be no progress pictures or finished model shots until after the competition as I do not want to give the design away and possibly have someone work on something almost identical for the same competition.

I may post pictures of the Daleks if I work on them whilst filler or paint is drying.

pjskeldon

Alphans
Does anyone have a link to a site which lists the episodes/series that Daleks featured in. I'd like to catalogue the variations (for a CGI project I'm doing) and can't seem to get some of the basic legwork done.

I know, I'm a lazy booger!

Phil.

yarvelling

Alphans
OK...it's time to close my borrowed section of this thread and hand it back to Weaponsmith...! Here's the finished Dalek, in a colour scheme never seen before, as inspired by the Second Empire series....

Thanks for the kind words so far, and i hope you like this 'new' fella... :)
Cheers,
Steve.

That looks sweet. Gives me inspiration on a new Dalek design myself, so it's a good job I have a couple of spares of the Comet kits. I shall have to get a move on with the Games Workshop stuff I am currently doing so I can get back on with the Daleks I started this thread with.

The more Daleks can be completed this year, the bigger the invasion force will be come Christmas on this miserable little insignificant blue-green planet! :brows::lol:

Wookiee

Alphans
I hope someone here can help me. I am trying to build an army of "Supreme Daleks" - the Black ones. From the original William Hartnell stories "The Daleks" and "The Dalek Invasion of Earth", the two Peter Cushing films of those stories, right up as modern as I can go, possibly to include the never used re-design, and the one black Dalek from 'new Who', Sec.

I have quite a stash of Comet Dalek kits to use, and have already started work on the supreme Daleks from the first stories and the films - and boy is it a job to get the skirts fitting without gaps evident.

However, I am stuck at the moment with only having video copiews of the Hartnell stories and am looking for any colour pictures that may be available of the Black Dalek from these early stories, especially from "The Daleks". I have taken some pictures with my digital camera from my TV screen and worked out that this version actually seems to use a standard TV Dalek base, which has then been placed on top of a movie base, where as the movie version of this particular Dalek is unique so far as I am aware in that the balls around the skirt alternate gold and silver, as do the neck rings. The colour of the balls on the TV version, as seen in black & white admittedly, seem to be the same colour as those of the silver Daleks, i.e. light blue.

Can anyone please either post colour pictures, if any exist, or let me know where such items can be found - even a description from the production giving colours used would be a great help.

And who knows, if I have enough parts or kits left over, I may do a gloss pink Dalek with gold balls and dome - I'll call it the Dalek 'Supreme'! :D:

Have you getThe Dalek invasion of eath DVD?
On the dvd number 2 some colour Dalek seen's.
If that is not what you are looking for?
I will have a look at some of my DrWho books for you?
but if I can help?
I will scan the photo and send by Email.OK:thumbup:
By the way no photo on the Dalek dvd. or am I being a seg head a gane!
PS: I hope this will help?
http://www.artwho9figurepainting.co.uk/default.asp
Dr Who

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A book Dr Who the Sixties mite be some help if you can get it today?

Last edited:

Wookiee

Alphans
Tony42, there never were that many colour schemes shown on TV or in the original movies. The ones in second Empire are all original designs by the author of the site as far as I know.

My builds are on hold whilst I spend a great deal of time on a total conversion of a Games Workshop vehicle in readiness for the national painting competition this September. I am giving myself plenty of time to get it ready as it will be about 2 foot long when finished - at a 28mm scale. There will be no progress pictures or finished model shots until after the competition as I do not want to give the design away and possibly have someone work on something almost identical for the same competition.

I may post pictures of the Daleks if I work on them whilst filler or paint is drying.
I hope Weaponsmith see this?
Who is building Dakels.
I fort I so mad about Dakels model making.
But I think Weaponsmith is as mad I am!
you end up seeing Dakels in you sleep. help

Wookiee

Alphans
That looks sweet. Gives me inspiration on a new Dalek design myself, so it's a good job I have a couple of spares of the Comet kits. I shall have to get a move on with the Games Workshop stuff I am currently doing so I can get back on with the Daleks I started this thread with.

The more Daleks can be completed this year, the bigger the invasion force will be come Christmas on this miserable little insignificant blue-green planet! :brows::lol:

Weaponsmith; blueprint at the web sit on this set mite help you?
you can down load them?

http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/media/dalek/blueprints/

Thanks Wookiee. There are some nice scans of the plans to make a classic full size Dalek. Unfortunately nothing that will help either with the Comet miniatures kits I was building, nor the one inspired by a combination of "Second Empire" and the proposed update from the 80's that was never used.

Once I can get back on with them, I may try and do the proposed update and an original of my own.

Wookiee

Alphans
Thanks Wookiee. There are some nice scans of the plans to make a classic full size Dalek. Unfortunately nothing that will help either with the Comet miniatures kits I was building, nor the one inspired by a combination of "Second Empire" and the proposed update from the 80's that was never used.

Once I can get back on with them, I may try and do the proposed update and an original of my own.

what about a K9 blueprints ?

www.357.com/chris/k-9.html

or have a look at is?
www.projectdalek.co.uk/files/plans.html
If it helps send E mail and the attach blueprints to me? Ok:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wookiee

Alphans
Weaponsmith I would like to see you build a Sevan V/F dalek kit?
If you can get one?:clap:

Last edited:

yarvelling

Alphans
Thanks Weaponsmith and Tony :) :)

Wookie, those scans of the Dalek Blueprints are from the old 1973 Radio Times Dr Who Special (I still have a battered copy!), and are very badly wrong! If you try to build one from those, you get a very strange looking thing indeed! The Dalek Builders Guild has the best blueprints that i've seen, and they seem to be absolutley spot-on!
The Dr Who film DVD's you refer to are both in colour and have some very nice and bright Daleks; the red leader, and basic drones from the first film are some of my favourites (I love that metallic blue dome and hemispheres). I think basically any colour scheme can look good if layed out in a fairly 'traditional' way; that's what I tried with my Sevans kit conversion....It works (for me!!), and as I've never seen a metallic green based Dalek before (plus I had a virtually full can of the stuff!!), I thought I'd give it a try! ;)
Cheers anyway :)
Steve.

Wookiee

Alphans
Thanks Weaponsmith and Tony :) :)

Wookie, those scans of the Dalek Blueprints are from the old 1973 Radio Times Dr Who Special (I still have a battered copy!), and are very badly wrong! If you try to build one from those, you get a very strange looking thing indeed! The Dalek Builders Guild has the best blueprints that i've seen, and they seem to be absolutley spot-on!
The Dr Who film DVD's you refer to are both in colour and have some very nice and bright Daleks; the red leader, and basic drones from the first film are some of my favourites (I love that metallic blue dome and hemispheres). I think basically any colour scheme can look good if layed out in a fairly 'traditional' way; that's what I tried with my Sevans kit conversion....It works (for me!!), and as I've never seen a metallic green based Dalek before (plus I had a virtually full can of the stuff!!), I thought I'd give it a try! ;)
Cheers anyway :)
Steve.

The DVD I sad about is the William Hartnell one from the box set The Begining.
Sorry not stating that at the time. As for the Sevan Dalek kit I have build a 122 of them for model shop ownner, ( I think that why I mite be going mad a bit the's days!!!)
I am not being big head about that, the firsh one I build took 3 mouth to finsh.
I have not seen The Dalek Builders Guild blueprints but would love to?

Last edited: