Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Dismantling the PE23 Studio Scale Eagle Transporter

Alphans
Weight wise, solid pads would make virtually no difference.

The reason they're not solid I think is firstly, the factory thought it wasn't important to make them solid because you can't normally see the bottom of the pads when the Eagle is standing on them in it's supplied acrylic display case. The second and more important factor, as already hinted, is probably cost. It's simply cheaper to produce them like that, sadly at the expense of accuracy. They'd save heaps on material costs especially as they had to produce a lot of them.

Last edited:

ALPHA ONE

Alphans
That sounds Pretty lame if you ask me!:wtf: I can't beleive it would cost that much extra to fill in the pads on a product that retails at around £500:hmm::think:

"Chalk it upto another attrocitie committed by PE/IR!":(:rant:

Last edited:

Alphans
Well, all in all I think there were about 1,900 23" PE/IR Eagles produced in total, (1500 standard, 200 Lab Pod versions and 200 freight versions) so that's 7,600 foot pads they had to produce! Look at it that way.

ALPHA ONE

Alphans
PE/IR EAGLES

There were considerably more 12" versions produced than the 23"s but the quality of those is pretty consistant,:thumbup:

All in all a Much Better product.:yes::clap::thumbup:

Bigger is Not always better!:no::thumbdown:

Last edited:

ALPHA ONE

Alphans
PE Eagles

Trust me Captain,:no:

I've got all Four 23" Eagles, Nice from a distance but they don't stand up to close scrutiny.:-/:hmm::eek::rant:

forza27

Alphans
Hi, I am thinking of having a go at super detailing my 23" PE and wondered, does anyone produce a suitable beak (CM) and turned aluminuim bells for this model? :think:

forza27

Alphans
I guess I could also do with the aluminium attitude thrusters on the pods too!

Anyone?

Bueller....Bueller....Bueller......

bobs56

Alphans
Mike Reader (Canada) does all the aluminium bits you'll ever need:yes:

I have a full 'standard pod' set on order, plus additional main engines for a Spine Booster, plus the VTOL's and side thrusters for 'Labpod' (pod section only), all at £ 136.00 including shipping to the UK.:thumbup:

Mike can be contacted at :-

reader@mymts.net

Ham Salad

Alphans
Hi, I am thinking of having a go at super detailing my 23" PE and wondered, does anyone produce a suitable beak (CM) and turned aluminuim bells for this model? :think:

They do: the MPC / AIrfix 23" has a 'large parts' accessory kit with aluminum bells that ought to work. No idea how the old one get removed though: Too afraid to try it. They have a small parts' kit with metal attitude thrusters too.

Not sure why you don't like the existing beak...

Anyhow, at lest after reading this thread I know for sure that the cargo module doesn't detach. Rather disappointing, are the unpainted grey foot pads and the lack of plating on the engines: you'd think for the price, you'd get better, wouldn't you?