Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Doctor Who cancelled in Germany

moonbuggy

Forum Supporter
The german TV chanel PRO 7 kick´s "The Doctor" out.:oops:
After 6 episod´s the series is cancelled for lack of viewers.:cry::evil:

Helge

cricket

Alphans
Ouch. That is sad, and I can sympathize. In the States, Dr. Who has always been relegated to a second class position. In the 80's I remember watching it at the oddest times on the local PBS (government funded station, heavily loaded with BBC productions) television channel. It wasn't until the 'New Who' was picked up by our Sci Fi network ~ 2 years back that it has gotten any sort of uniform play across the nation. I have become a devotee of BBC America and am delighted to now see shows 'first run' as it were. At least these days, there are always dvds to catch the shows not be played (and often better... no commercials!).

RussellE

Alphans
SO very true, Cricket. My first viewings of Blake's 7 came from our local PBS station.
Living across from Canada has had its perks. I'm able to view the new Who episodes
on the CBC network in canada before they were picked up by the Sci Fi channel.

My Canadian network is a lifelong friend here,
It was the network that aired Space:1999 in it's original Canadian run.

Dr Kane

Alphans
Moonbuggy, pardon my stupid questions, but what is 'Dr Who' called in Germany? Is the series subtitled or dubbed into German?

Senmen

Alphans
Dr.Kane,
it was also called Dr.Who and completely synched.
I hate it; sat at the TV yesterday evening and nothing.
They cancelled it......

Oliver (senmen)

hwels

Alphans
Oliver,

Which series is cancelled? At the moment you can buy the complete new series one for a lousy 15,00 euro at some shops in The Netherlands.

Hans

Senmen

Alphans
Hans,
the new TV series, series 1.
They just brought 6 episodes and then cancelled it.
Which ones do they have in your store there?

Oliver (senmen)

hwels

Alphans
Oliver,

It's the new series one, complete, all episodes. The store is called "E-plaza". There's one in Maastricht (close to Aachen) too:

Maastricht
Maastrichter Brugstraat 31
6211 ES
043-3270452

Hans

Senmen

Alphans
Hans,
thank you very much for the info.
Seems that I have to do a ride on saturday to Maastricht...... :)

Oliver (senmen)

hwels

Alphans
Oliver,

Went to E-plaza in Amersfoort today, but all Dr. Who series 1 are sold. You better give them a call before you go to Maastricht to check if there any left there ...

Hans