Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Does anyone make a Hawk Cockpit?

JericoEagle1

Alphans
I'm looking to scratchbuild a Hawk sometime in the near future. Currently, I'm gathering resources and researching it. The Cockpit is a section I would rather not do because I don't have facilities to do so, plus my right hand suffers from mild tremors due to an ongoing illness. I can compensate for everything else except for carving complex shapes. Does anyone produce today a copy of the nose cone.

DX-SFX

Alphans
I do a set of vacforms made from the same thickness material as the original studio model. Obviously it needs a bit of modelling know how to work with vacforms which may not be suitable in your case. I had an aunt with the same problem so I sympathise entirely. They cost £15 plus shipping but I include a set of fullsize profile photos of the original to help work with and of course I'm just at the end of a keyboard if you need assistance. This is just the difficult outer shell and associated panelling. The recessed window areas will need fabricating in styrene sheet. There are some resin castings based on an older inferior version I did many years ago floating around but the current offering comes from new masters made up about four or five years ago. I'll sort out pictures tomorrow as it's a bit late here.

JericoEagle1,

What are you using for plans?

I have the Starship Modeler 1/48th kit and would like to correct it (if possible)

Art

JericoEagle1

Alphans
Is that the Replica's Unlimited Version or the Wong Copy? I have the RU one and its very close with only a few mods needed to make it look perfect. I'm also trying to make the 1/24 version as well.

I have the Robert Baldassari plans and as many photos of the 31" version as I can find. The David Sasson Article is an excellent source of information and can be found here http://homepages.tesco.net/d.sisson/mkixhawk.htm. But I hope that helps.

Thanks for the information and links.

It's the Wong kit. I know the 'stinger' is way too big. I think the CM is to big as well. I'm not sure of that though. The CM is also a big lopsided looking head on.

How is the RU kit? How is the casting? I've read that the RU Eagles are not cast especially well. They have lots of voids and bubbles. This is more out of curiosity. I don't really have the $200.00 US to buy the RU Hawk especially since I already have the SSM kit.

Art

JericoEagle1

Alphans
arthur krull said:
Thanks for the information and links.

It's the Wong kit. I know the 'stinger' is way too big. I think the CM is to big as well. I'm not sure of that though. The CM is also a big lopsided looking head on.

Do you have the RU kit? How is it? How is the casting? I've read that the RU Eagles are not cast especially well. They have lots of voids and bubbles. This is more out of curiosity. I don't really have the $200.00 US to buy the RU Hawk especially since I already have the SSM kit.

Art

I like the RU kit very much the only bubbles I've seen are around the circular area of the Engine Bell where that hose attaches. There was some pits and bubbles there but not overly so. Otherwise I think its outstanding in casting and looks. Its going together well so far and the only sanding I've had to do so far is with the framing. It needs a little detailing to really make it stand out but its great just left as it is.