Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

'Dr Who: Invasion of Earth' - Dalek Saucer

im working on a saucer from the movie invasion of earth here are a few pics this will make a great little kit

Attachments

• 102_3633.jpg
    102_3633.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 102_3635.jpg
    102_3635.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 102_3636.jpg
    102_3636.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 71

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
im working on a saucer from the movie invasion of earth here are a few pics this will make a great little kit

I'm glad someone is making a kit of this at last ! What size are we talking about here ? Larger the better ! I know Dave Brian made an excellent model of the saucer for the Dalekmania video but it was never produced in kit form sadly. Product Enterprises (as they were back then) had apparently looked into producing a model of the saucer but said demand wouldn't be great enough to off set the production costs.

I have (or had - not sure where they are now) some great profile drawings of the Saucer.

I'd be interested in this as a kit if it were large enough to illuminate and and insert a motor for the spinning mid-riff section.

EDIT : just saw your hand in the pic..sadly this would be too small a scale for me but I can't wait to see it completed.

Slate

i did plan on doing a bigger kit but unfortunatly they are right the kit as a large one would not sell i may consider a larger one later depending on how much interest in the small one maybe around a foot in diamiter

steve36uk

Alphans
Theres a thread over at R.I about the Astral Queen from galactica where a picture was posted of a Soviet era building which looked familiar-something th Daleks kept quiet??

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
I would like one.

I have some reference from the original miniature, let me see if I can find and post it here...

I loved the sound effects used during flight of this beast. I know Barry Gray composed the soundtrack for the first movie Dr. Who & The Daleks, he also developed the sound effects too for all the Dalek & Tardis machinery. I wonder if he did this too? :think:

The contra rotating upper window sections were always a bit of a mystery, even now it would take me some time to work out how to do it... :wtf:

Our resident Dalek Supremo (Exterminator) probably has good information too, anyone else know the current whereabouts or history of this prop? I would love to photograph it.

healvis

Alphans
I remember years ago a piece on the news where it showed it getting auctioned off somewhere. It looked quite big. It was the big windows that the model had reminded of a "Jules Verne" type of design. I always thought it was very beautiful to look at.

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
I remember years ago a piece on the news where it showed it getting auctioned off somewhere. It looked quite big. It was the big windows that the model had reminded of a "Jules Verne" type of design. I always thought it was very beautiful to look at.

I'm pretty sure I saw this prop on Blue Peter a LONG time ago (although I may well be imagining it!)

I haven't heard of any news through fandom over the years of any of the well known collectors owning this prop though. The Dave Brian replica was constructed for the Dalekmania video (and later DVD footage) because the original had long since dissappeared.
Found another old thread on another Saucer replica here...

http://www.therpf.com/f10/dalek-saucer-model-1966-movie-version-33461/index2.html

Am not trying to hijack this one but it's nice to gather info in one place.

KevinD

Alphans
I remember some tv show when I was a kid that covered the impending auction of film props, the Dalek saucer was one of them the others included model planes from the Battle Of Britain film.

astrocat

Alphans
I seem to remember it was featured on 'John Craven's Newsround' just after Blue Peter (or was it just before?... memory is a bit hazy on scheduling!)

I would have loved to have been at that auction!

Keith

TV21Dalek

Alphans
I'd buy a kit too... I have the RC unit from the PE Dalek which I was going to convert into a scale model, but if this comes out as a kit you may have saved me the trouble :)

I remember some tv show when I was a kid that covered the impending auction of film props, the Dalek saucer was one of them the others included model planes from the Battle Of Britain film.

I saw the same show. It was called "Cinema" it was presented by Brian Trueman. I remember he joked that "the buyer would have to supply their own crew" it was produced by Granada Television.

Actually,Barry Gray was the one who produced the electronic
musical sound effects for the 2 Dalek movie features,it was
someone else who really composed the music soundtracks
for those films.:)

Did you also know that Barry Gray produced the electronic
sound effects for the Silicates from the little-seen monster
movie The Island of Terror.I've seen that movie myself.;)