Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

DW "Earthshock" Escape pod.

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi guys,

Here's another one of Bill's models.
The Escape pod from the classic 1983 Doctor Who story "Earthshock"

I've had this for about 25 years, but about 3pm this afternoon I decided to to dig of out and take some pics of it...
It was bloody cold so I was quick, then took the rest indoors...

The middle square is 127mm (5"ish).
Overall square is 182mm.
103mm height.

It has tubes fitted into it to pump freon (air brush propellent) for take off jets.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy ;)

Andy.

Usual rules apply, if you want to share please link to this post on the forum rather than copy or distribute, not for commercial purposes. The images in this post are copyright Andy Hopkinson 2012.

Last edited:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Another Bill Pearson classic

Andy has come up trumps again, talking about taking one for the team, he was outside in freezing temperatures this afternoon to take some of these images.

What a fabulous piece of eye candy, this demonstrates the model makers art at the highest level. I love the colour and surface finish of this model, Andy even managed to find some examples of unused Letraset sheets to illustrate how they were used.

Marvellous... :D

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Thanks Andy for posting the screen grabs, was going to do some myself but can't find the dvd at the mo... ;)

The model was pushed out from the background with a rod into a bit of wood hot glued to the back of the model.
It was still on when I got the model, just hanging on with a thread and it soon came off, I've still got it somewhere...

Andy

btw, don't you think it has a look of a revamped Main Mission in some shots...
Strangly this model is almost the same size of the original model of Main Mission.....

Last edited:

clanger68

Alphans
btw, don't you think it has a look of a revamped Main Mission in some shots...
Strangly this model is almost the same size of the original model of Main Mission.....

Couldn't possibly imagine what you mean! :lol:

Thanks Andy for posting the screen grabs, was going to do some myself but can't find the dvd at the mo...

My pleasure.

Thank you for sharing photos of this fabulous model.

Like SC100B said blink and you miss it, but how much work must have gone into this.

I love the weathering on it, the construction, the symmetry of the design and the 'lifeboat' orange really does the trick.

How many different kits were used for the detailing. looks like loads!

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Andy

MoonbaseAlpha

Chief Eagle Pilot
Andy....
Your a naughty boy, but I like you... ;) :) LOL

Great quick photoshop mate, made me laugh :lol:
But it does illustrate my point very well...

Andy H.

clanger68

Alphans
Just a quick bit of fun, but as you say Andy it does look like it could fit quite happily on Moonbase.

So, Darth Vader TIE Fighter parts on the top, what are the 2 canopy type sections on the top?

They look a bit like they came off a Y wing cockpit, but not quite.

- Cheers,

Andy

healvis

Alphans
What a great miniature. It looks very ALIEN to me, very industrial.
Thankyou Andy for taking the time to take the pics and for having the foresight to save these wonderful pieces.
Thankyou Bill for your skill.
John.

Howard

Forum Supporter
They look like the 1/35 Tamiya sdkfx222.

Yes, definitely a pair of 222s - good eye.

Many thanks for posting these pictures - it really is a fantastic model.
I too love the colour choice and weathering, and more than any aspect, the spacing of the kit parts.

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Guys!
Thanks for the nice comments.The timeframe on this was 3 days. 2 days of which
were spent at my kitchen table at home one weekend! So much for the glam image of TV
and Film! Again,the best photo can be found on 'Bill Pearson Portfolio' on the Internet.
Cheers Bill.

clanger68

Alphans
Hi Guys!
Thanks for the nice comments.The timeframe on this was 3 days. 2 days of which
were spent at my kitchen table at home one weekend! So much for the glam image of TV
and Film! Again,the best photo can be found on 'Bill Pearson Portfolio' on the Internet.
Cheers Bill.

3 days!!!:O

Do they ever give you a decent amount of time to come up with the goods, or do you prefer to work under those sort of deadlines?

- cheers,

Andy

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Andy!
I prefer the 'Fast Ones'! I find it too easy otherwise,to deliberate,over the smallest detail.I
once made an electron microscope for 'Red Dwarf' in 1 hour and 45 minutes - and I'm still pleased with it!
Cheers Bill.

clanger68

Alphans
Hi Andy!
I prefer the 'Fast Ones'! I find it too easy otherwise,to deliberate,over the smallest detail.I
once made an electron microscope for 'Red Dwarf' in 1 hour and 45 minutes - and I'm still pleased with it!
Cheers Bill.

1hr 45mins!!!! ........now you're just showing off! :lol:

I guess that is one of the real skills when detailing a miniature, knowing when enough is enough.

One you have obviously perefected. :D

- Cheers,

Andy