Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Eagle 'Independence'

Fun Pod

Alphans

(Source: Reuters Archive. Eagle Independence, blasts off from Anderson Peninsula, July 4th, 1999. The only Eagle to be named instead of issued a numerical fleet designation, she would be lost some ten weeks later, in the event that would come to be remembered as Breakaway.)

Warm wishes to fellow Eagle nuts enjoying Independence celebrations stateside.

Is this a good time to remind you the Eagle was designed by an Englishman? :twisted:

JMChladek

Alphans
Actually, I was thinking that if this were a commemorative Eagle called Independence, wouldn't the pod be a red white and blue striped pod? :D

Then again, it might look too gaudy, sort of like some of those garrish Bicentennial paintjobs that US military jets sported in 1976 (for my country's 200th birthday).

Nice work Funpod!

cricket

Alphans
JMChladek said:
Then again, it might look too gaudy, sort of like some of those garrish Bicentennial paintjobs that US military jets sported in 1976 (for my country's 200th birthday).

Hrumph. I rather liked those garish Bicentennial paint jobs! (Then again, I was only 11 at the time.] :p :p

CR

Alphans
"Hrumph."
I haven't heard that expression in a while, and I don't think I've seen it in print since I was a kid, where I think it may have been in a Peanuts strip somewhere.
Heh, that's cute, cricket.

(Yes, I'm weird, and strange random things strike my fancy. I've stopped trying to figure it out.)