Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Eagle Probeship/Fighter

klee

Alphans
Eagle based probeship/fighter:

This is based on a model I built using an Eagle back in 1976. I am using parts from a 1/144 Saturn V second stage, interstage and tank dome parts. I will also use cage/corridor sections , spine and my extended CM from a 22 inch eagle kit. To make it a fighter there will be add on weapons pods similar to those on the Hawk and it will use a standard CM for the fighter version.

Last edited:

klee

Alphans
I have the corridor/cage section assembled. I plan on removing one section from the cages to add an airlock/hatchway.

Last edited:

klee

Alphans
Major sub assemblies together, the spine is just sitting in place right now, I am not sure about it and may change it a little. The CM is attached with magnets so it can be easily swapped out wit a standard CM for the fighter variant. I may use the Eagle leg pods on the rear section or I may build hawk style pods for the rear.

Last edited:

klee

Alphans
A few minutes with a razor saw and I am happier with the look of the spine:

Last edited:

klee

Alphans
Mock-up of what the side pods on the rear will look like. I plan on filling in the gap between the pods to make one solid pod. I placed one of the doors in the position where I imagine the airlock and entry hatch will be.

Last edited:

klee

Alphans
I got one of the three engines mounted, I am not entirely sure where to mount the other two but I have some ideas. I am going to use the leg pod mounting tabs as the basis for the weapons pods.

klee

Alphans
Cut apart and modified the Eagle kits engine cruciform part to hold three engines. I need to come up with framework mount to hold the two outside engines.

klee

Alphans
Thinking about the layout of the lift engines and landing gear. If I use the Moonbus gear The one on the nose will have to be 1cm taller. I may also go with just three pairs of lift motors.