Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Eastern Alliance Destroyer

Thanks for the kit list Daniel.
Many more than I anticipated!.
The larger main kit components are going to be fairly straightforward, however, as you rightly point out, I can see problems with identifying and locating much of the small details, and working out what part came from what kit.
The availability and cost is also a factor to consider, as I don't have limitless funds.
A lot of detail is hidden and obscured by other parts, so an approximation is going to have to suffice where called for.
I cannot see this detracting from the overall look of the cruiser.

AJ.

Thanks for the kit list Daniel.
Many more than I anticipated!.
The larger main kit components are going to be fairly straightforward, however, as you rightly point out, I can see problems with identifying and locating much of the small details, and working out what part came from what kit.
The availability and cost is also a factor to consider, as I don't have limitless funds.
A lot of detail is hidden and obscured by other parts, so an approximation is going to have to suffice where called for.
I cannot see this detracting from the overall look of the cruiser.

AJ.

AJ,

I came across a plastic modelers thread building this model. I wish I could find it again. If I do, I'll post it here. It showed how the nose section was made using the intake of an F1 race car. That's why you need an Marlboro M23 car.
You said you use to be in this hobby awhile ago. Do you have some kits stashed away to sell or trade might help your funding issue?
I took out my build for a day or so and marveled(dreamed) about completing it. Sigh.

Daniel

AJ,

I came across a plastic modelers thread building this model. I wish I could find it again. If I do, I'll post it here. It showed how the nose section was made using the intake of an F1 race car. That's why you need an Marlboro M23 car.
You said you use to be in this hobby awhile ago. Do you have some kits stashed away to sell or trade might help your funding issue?
I took out my build for a day or so and marveled(dreamed) about completing it. Sigh.

Daniel[/QUO

At present, I am expecting a Revell Heinkel He 219 to arrive soon, which will allow me to join the Revell and Testors F15 hull sections together once I have checked alignment is correct. With the exception of the bridge (nose) section of the model, I have all the large components needed. The Marlboro M23 racing car is the kit I will probably not bother with, as I can scratch build the nose myself with the reference available. Smaller kit parts not easily identified can be replicated.
I only have a small number of kits in the stash, all bought recently, so there's nothing I'd want to sell.
I don't see any real problems with assembly of this model as the picture reference is pretty well detailed.
I think that the best thing to do is just to build the model and not to worry about every tiny little detail, and finding every kit part, as otherwise nothing would ever get done.
This is a hobby which should be fun.
When a hobby turns into a chore, then you'll lose interest vey quickly.....have fun!!:yes:

mottom

Alphans
I have been studying this as I wish to build it, well some day hopefully.

Below is the kits list I have been able to piece together so far:

Airfix
1:144 Apollo Saturn V
1:600 HMS Ark Royal

Heller
1:400 Dunkerque

Fujimi
1:48 F-15 Eagle
1:72 Panzer Jager I
1:72 M4A1 Sherman with Jeep x 2

Hawk - Lindberg
1:48 San Francisco Cable Car x 3