Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Ed Straker's Car from UFO

Steve Zodiac

Alphans
I remember seeing them in the space city exhibition along side fab 1 when I was a kid- coooool! What did they fetch?

Can't find the catalogue at the mo with the prices in, but seem to remember it was not a great deal. Something like £2000 for the pair. They had previously been withdrawn from a Phillips auction at £1900 for the car and £1100 for the boat.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Somewhere I have a few photos of both vehicles from that exhibition. I have another with the body lifted up on the car. There was a metal chassis with a 50cc Honda moped engine mounted in it. Reg Hill built it I believe.

I'll try to find the image.

Transporter

Alphans
I'd love to see some good pictures, Bernie, I am converting the green Dinky Armoured Vehicle into the Investigator car.
For those who have not seen the pilot, it is available in three parts on Youtube. Bad quality but better than nothing.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBp_GBHxtSM[/ame]

saintcar

Alphans
This was shown, but only once on British Television in the 1970’s. I think it was either on a Saturday or Sunday and it was shown in the LWT region. I recall it because I then had to play at being Investigators who could shrink to puppet size with my 10 year old niece! Love to know when it was.

Steve Zodiac

Alphans
Everything I can find, either written or on the net, says that "The Investigator" has never been screened. Not getting confused with " The Secret Service" are we?

BTW the boat and car made £2000 at the auction , that would be £2352.50 with the 15% premium plus VAT added.