Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Ed Straker's Car from UFO

Blue Moon

Alphans
I understand Steve Zodiac, As long as there still loved and looked after, of course if they ever want to sell.........:roll:;)

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Shark Tank!

wouldn't it be a good idea to merge the two threads.;)

never did like that bonnet.

:think: Now if this car had been an amphib (sic) of some sort, not sure whether the neighborhood sharks would've fled in abject panic or instead charged on it and eaten it!

:hungry:

(I do like the color, though...;))

Last edited:

SteveDix

Alphans
Speaking of futuristic-looking cars,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W-oZSJKue4[/ame]

The Nova GT kit car used to be quite common in the early 90's at kit car shows, along with the gull-winged version, the Eagle SS. Both of them wouldn't have looked out of place on the UFO backlot.

The trouble was, although they just dropped onto a VW chassis, the bodies were a bit indifferently produced, and you would often see versions with a poor gelcoat or even mould-slump. I think the Eagle was redeveloped to run on Ford parts. The Nova also suffered due to having a bit of a questionable safety record : You were supposed to fit hydraulics which could raise the roof (literally) if the car had rolled over. That and the VW base made it a bit of an unattractive proposition, especially after the MOT started looking more searchingly at self-built cars.

Last edited:

Transporter

Alphans
When UFO was shown on TV in my country, the Adams Probe 16 from Corgi was one of my favorite cars to play with. It matched the UFO series style very well too. So I recently bought back a fine example of it. In this video it said that one remaining Adams Probe 16 resides in Switzerland…hmm, need to have a look around…

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYFXbCt_RSw[/ame]

Still to complete a UFO model car collection one would of course need a black Rolls Royce Phantom VI, a red Chevy Stingray, a silver Jensen FF and a red VW Porsche…

Oh, and by the way, Sean, how is it going?

SteveDix

Alphans
When UFO was shown on TV in my country, the Adams Probe 16 from Corgi was one of my favorite cars to play with. It matched the UFO series style very well too. So I recently bought back a fine example of it. In this video it said that one remaining Adams Probe 16 resides in Switzerland…hmm, need to have a look around…

I know that the Probe 2001 used in "A Clockwork Orange" still exists, and I remember seeing it at a motor show in the mid 90s. I was rather surprised to find out that it was powered by the engine from a Hillman Imp. This is possibly the reason a lot have gone to the scrappers, because the Imp engine was derived from the old Coventry Climax engines, which were one of the very first engines to use alloy blocks. Unfortunately they had a habit of becoming porous in their old age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYFXbCt_RSw

Still to complete a UFO model car collection one would of course need a black Rolls Royce Phantom VI, a red Chevy Stingray, a silver Jensen FF and a red VW Porsche…

Along with a Ferrari 275 GTB and a green Ford Capri!

reticulan5

Alphans
1970 Merc concept car. Could pass for UFO series

Here is a couple of pictures I found of a 1970 Mercedes concept car. It could easily pass for a Doppleganger/UFO series regular. What do others think.

Attachments

• c1112-L.jpg
    c1112-L.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 52
  • c1111-L.jpg
    c1111-L.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 48

reticulan5

Alphans