Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Ed strakers car kit

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
How do people without Facebook see these images? I've seen a lot of this recently. There are so many free photo hosting accounts out there like Flickr or Photobucket I see no reason to post facebook links which many won't look at.

Boldman

Alphans
I pointed this out last week, please post images on the forum - I actually think its rude to make people leave the forum to view your photos.

How do people without Facebook see these images? I've seen a lot of this recently. There are so many free photo hosting accounts out there like Flickr or Photobucket I see no reason to post facebook links which many won't look at.

For starters i feel honored people are going out of there way to see my builds, problem is i my focus is on making the models and i am not that computer literate when it comes to images and the best place to host , as i have said before for some reason they WONT upload to this or other sites easily or at all , facebook can be seen by anyone if i share to public and you hit the mouse as soon as you see the pics or the message comes up that you need to join after a second , please someone explain two things ,what is the difference linking facebook or linking to someones other site or photobucket etc as i am being told its rude to take people away from this site to view pics ,it should just open a new page with pics ive done it from work and i dont log in to facebook to do it , also my friends there can see them too ,the only reason i use facebook is my daughter set it up for me and i found it easy to upload there .
Saying all that i want to please ,so someone tell me if i cant upload here what is the best option and wont that involve linking away from here anyway,i was told everyone uses facebook but i am willing to learn and try and please.

Boldman

Alphans
You don't link to pages on photobucket, you embed the photos in the post, like this

which is hosted on my own online gallery. You do this by clicking the little image icon in the formatting bat above the input box where you type the message and you enter the URL of the image itself. Photobucket provides a useful tool that allows you to know the URL of the photo just for this sort of thing.

This means people don't need to leave THIS site to view the photos, they are there in front of them.

You can aloo upload your photos directly to this site using the "Manage Attachements" button in the "Additional Options" section under the post box.

Looking good so far, but may i ask what you are using as filler? It doesn't look very workable.

Look at the pics above, the car is sitting on the filler tub , i have used many fillers and find off the shelf hardware multi purpose best, they bond to styrene nice, these two half vac-form kits are best framed inside so they don't flex then this type of filler works great followed by spray general primer also from hardware store ,sometimes i prime raw model first and then i fill and prime again ,ignore the pics with glug as i water the filler down to spatula it and that's what you see ,it takes seconds to sand and the primer strengthens it.

Ive seen some good builds out there but lots don't sharpen the edges on the sides or bonnet like the real car so takes a while and layers to get it sharp and strait .

Last edited: