Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Ed Strakers car / new project

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys

Well Eds car has now been sprayed , Gold in colour i know what your thinking its bronze Yeah i know ,but the colour on the lid is completely different to what comes out of the can , trial and error until i find a colour match im happy with .

Well with the colour on top , and the sun out today , any imperfections will show up like a sore thumb, and guess what i found a prang in the rear quater of Eds car , i quickly this filled this out , and re sanded , and then the whole model rubbed down again , and sprayed again , these are the results.

That 's the top section done , good enough to mould , just the underside left , the rear lights , have a chrome trim i need to remove my outer edge back a little to create this trim .

check out the paint lid , and look at the colour ,
Still need to mark out those doors as well.
more soon
best
Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 52
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Eureka

Forum Supporter
You really have caught the character of the car.
Its pretty unmistakable. Great job.

I found some of the Halfords colours to be a fair way out from the can.
One of the colours I am currently using I can get the colour to vary a surprising amount just by using a primer that is lighter or darker.

Let us spray.....

Agree with you Pete - the cap appears to bear no resemblance to the colour of the car. Straight forward for me, by contrast - in the world of Eagle construction, there's white, grey and silver, and that's it, pure and simple!

Straker's Car continues to edge towards completion, and this is one significant step along the way. You're doing a tremendous job - this is part of a lot of people's cultural heritage, don't forget. Set ten years in the future, I watched the car pull up outside the studios, and Straker step out from under the gull-wing door - as a ten year old boy, I could hardly believe my eyes.

The Future really was Fantastic. Thanks, Pete.

Kindest regards

Patrick

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Made in the Shade(s)...

And, ah yes, those sunglasses...increased the "cool" factor, quite considerably! ;)

:#:

Agree with you Pete - the cap appears to bear no resemblance to the colour of the car. Straight forward for me, by contrast - in the world of Eagle construction, there's white, grey and silver, and that's it, pure and simple!

Straker's Car continues to edge towards completion, and this is one significant step along the way. You're doing a tremendous job - this is part of a lot of people's cultural heritage, don't forget. Set ten years in the future, I watched the car pull up outside the studios, and Straker step out from under the gull-wing door - as a ten year old boy, I could hardly believe my eyes.

The Future really was Fantastic. Thanks, Pete.

Kindest regards

Patrick

Andernut

Alphans
Nearly there Pete....and then to casting? Like many others here I look forward to your postings and love the abundance of photos....keep up the great work my friend.
best regards,
David.

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys
Great reading all your great feed back as usual.

I'm away visiting my parents. back Sunday
I managed to work a little more on the rear lights before I left.
There's a chrome trim again that wraps around the outside edge.its slightly stepped inside .So I needed to remove
The outside edge of mine creating the trim.

You'll see the updates when I'm back.

Next in line for moulding was going to be the Diver section
SKY 1 is next up for completion , but I'm going to jump ahead and get Eds car moulded first , the Diver will then be middle of next Year that way I can complete Sky1 and assemble Eds car.

The Pattern for Eds car will then be converted .to build
The remaining vehicles
Fosters car
Doppelganger car

So loads for you all to look forward to
Best
Pete

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Back from visting my parents and straight onto wall papering , so not much to update , i managed to work a little more on the rear lights adding in the chrome detail trim before i left , its a little hard to make out as its all painted gold , but at least thats another little job finished .

A soon as i get 5 mins I'll be carrying on with improving the finish .

more soon
best

Pete

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 36

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
First look at Eds Shado car all moulded .

The model has been washed to remove the release agent, the flash also needs to be removed but that want be for a little while until Sky 1 is painted and the Intercepter Finished .

Note the extra door panels casting and front windshield for vac forming
Enjoy
Best
Pete

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 35

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Eds car has really moved on since my last update, as you can see both gull wing doors open, and inside I've patterned the interior rear seat and dash board and center console, the fronts seats i already have molds for these.

All the front and rear chassis have been fitted, this really does look the part, and the wheels are a near perfect match to the full size vehicle, just need to make the central hub.
hope to see you all at Shado con or small space where you can see Eds car on display
best
Pete

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 76

TerraForm1

Alphans
One of the best scratchbuilds you've done. (Not that the others are anything to sniff at). You've captured all the subtle curve transitions that make Derek's design so pleasing, (and the reason the Dinky version looks so offensively crap 'cos they didn't). Thanks for sharing your build. The word 'inspiring' doesn't come close mate.

seaview

Alphans
Hi Guys
Its been a while since I last updated this thread so here's a few photos of Eds car .

The centre console rear bench seat ,and front seats have all been cast ,and now fixed inside ,along with the dash board .

The floor area has been filled and sanded to even it out , ready for paint , there's still some details I need to add ie the steering wheel , and phone etc

also ive added working front and rear lights all fitted , you can see the battery is hidden under the rear bench seat , a cover will fit over the top.

more soon
best
Pete

Attachments

• 209.jpg
    209.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 211.jpg
    211.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 44

seaview

Alphans
Hi guys
Its been ages since I updated anything
I've been very busy working on the Shado moon mobile

Plenty of updates coming soon

Shado car I have moulds so can supply outer shell
Seats dash board vac windows
Tyres will need to be sourced or I could supply resin
Copies

Pete

seaview

Alphans
Hi just updated Moon Mobile and now Eds Car

Lots of work has been going on in the interior of the car , a lot of artistic licence as known in the trade.

I managed to find a little time to get back on this model in between the moon mobile.

The figure I spent a long time getting Eds hair to look just right,
the suit is just milliput sculpted ,but you'll have to wait to see these photo's

The floor of the car has been smoothed out and now im working on the inner door linings

hope you enjoy the pics
best
Pete

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg