Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

FAB 1 Scratchbuild

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
FAB 1 COLOUR

Fine wotk that...well done!
Btw... when Richard Gegory restored the puppet scale Fab 1 (then owned by me), he rubbed down the layers of paint to the primer and discovered the pink shade was consistant with Porche's pink (at the time 1995/96), so painted it to match that...with my approval...lol....he did a fine job!
He also re-coloured the upholstery to black from its them beige! Why it had been done in beige I don't know...anyone fill me in?
The car enventually was sold by me for £25K (inclding Penny and Parker replicas) at Phillips....it went on to be re-sold at Planet Hollywood thru Fleetwood Owen for (allegedly) £90K...but I have good reason to dis-believe that.
Anyone know where it is now?
Incidently, before I bought it the radiator (and a number plate) was "stolen" from exhibit. It was re-made by Martin Bower, BUT there were too few slats...it looked odd.
I still have part of an aeriel....discovered in the boot, a coupla busted bulbs and the original battery stowng box.
Phil

Fun Pod

Alphans
Thanx deraenged, and a little more of the original FAB 1 history comes to light - very interesting :yes:

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
Thanx deraenged, and a little more of the original FAB 1 history comes to light - very interesting :yes:

Oh, I also have the "Spirit" mascot thingy from the bonnet....recoverd from the Skyship 1 crash site......it's a bit late for this build but thought someone might find it useful if I post a pic or two......, but I still have the old dilema....restore or leave alone.....let's have a pole

Fun Pod

Alphans
Thank you Mark42 - I continue to learn and draw inspiration from your own scratchbuilds and articles.

deraenged

Chief Eagle Pilot
Oh, I also have the "Spirit" mascot thingy from the bonnet....recoverd from the Skyship 1 crash site......it's a bit late for this build but thought someone might find it useful if I post a pic or two......, but I still have the old dilema....restore or leave alone.....let's have a poll

here it is.....hmmm can't be made of silver....cheap british rubbish.

Cruzin

Alphans
What a great build
I did a similar project but on a larger scale over 16 years ago, and am yet to finish it

Cruzin

Alphans
I dont have enough material readily available at the moment to start a thread, so I will just tag then on here.
The project started out to be a battery powered Child size model for my two younger children (who are now adults!)
the shape was carved from high density foam using some photos and a model as reference. It was then coated in fibreglass and surface finished in body filler before being painted.
A two piece mould was made and a body produced from it. A chassis with all steering and susspension was designed and some components made, but buisness commitments distracted me and the body was stored in my shop till reciently.
When made I did not overly detail the body as it was to be a used toy, but looking at it now I am concidering redetailing the existing body to a higher level and making a new mould. Finished with full interiour it would make a great static model with some working features.

Propland

Chief Eagle Pilot
Looks great! Perhaps sell static kits? Bet Parker and Lady P puppets would look smashing sitting inside ;) Cheers, Darren

Fun Pod

Alphans
Vey impressive, Cruzin! I hope you get the opportunity and resources to complete it, Whether as a large scale model or working cart, she'll be a real head turner! :thumbup:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Welcome to the forum Cruzin,

This looks the beans already, once the paint and bright works are on it will be amazing.

How do you plan to tackle the canopy?

Great work, more please.