Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

FAB 66 and Dinky Toys catalogue…

Knowing that Fanderson was about to publish three different covers for their FAB 66 issue I was praying to get the one with Space: 1999…and guess what?…that’s precisely the one that I received!!! :) How lucky is that?....or maybe they’ve picked the cover based on the members fave show choice? :think: ....but there’s more!...Fanderson also sent an absolutely gorgeous 64 pages “The Fab Book of Gerry Anderson Dinky Toys”!!!...a totally unexpected “bonus”! Fanderson is indeed going to great lengths to keep their members happy…well done indeed! :thumbup:

Jorge

Attachments

• FABfc.jpg
    FABfc.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 44
  • FABbc.jpg
    FABbc.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 44
  • DT (3).jpg
    DT (3).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DT (2).jpg
    DT (2).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DT (1).jpg
    DT (1).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DT.jpg
    DT.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 53

saturnapollo

Alphans
I know. I can barely read it with my reading specs on. I have also suggested that they enlarge the print on the address label as it can't be easy for postmen trying to read that. And there's no reason to have it that small on the label.

Keith

TonyB

Forum Supporter
I got the Space 1999 cover too, its about the best of the three IMO, if I am honest I was little disappointed with UFO cover, so no need to for any duplicate copies of FAB 66.

Knight1966

Alphans
Knowing that Fanderson was about to publish three different covers for their FAB 66 issue I was praying to get the one with Space: 1999…and guess what?…that’s precisely the one that I received!!! :) How lucky is that?....or maybe they’ve picked the cover based on the members fave show choice? :think: ....but there’s more!...Fanderson also sent an absolutely gorgeous 64 pages “The Fab Book of Gerry Anderson Dinky Toys”!!!...a totally unexpected “bonus”! Fanderson is indeed going to great lengths to keep their members happy…well done indeed! :thumbup:

Jorge

Well that certainly opens up a whole can of worms on the "They never produced an all white version!" debate, bit hard to dispute with one slap bang in the middle of the official catalogue.
http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1208&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1278938210

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Well that certainly opens up a whole can of worms on the "They never produced an all white version!" debate, bit hard to dispute with one slap bang in the middle of the official catalogue.

Your not wrong there, I was thinking the same thing when I saw that page in the catalogue, confused, you will be......

Doomsday

Alphans
I was just looking at that all white Dinky........
Can it possibly be?
That people on here were......I can hardly bring myself to say it......wrong??!!
:twisted:

Knight1966

Alphans
I was just looking at that all white Dinky........
Can it possibly be?
That people on here were......I can hardly bring myself to say it......wrong??!!
:twisted:

Possibly not Doom, the oversight (mine) is that it's not an official/original 70's " Dinky" catalogue its a tribute one using 'posed' eagles, so the photographer could be the one at fault here with Canon being safe and sound. Thank the stars Ebay would've gone into meltdown :) all those 'Original- Rare" All white Eagles tripling in price :rofl:

alfalfa

Alphans
£££££££££

As far as I can understand it NO.

The pods and different coloured eagles with varying shoulder thrusters and engine colours were all produced in the same factory.

However Dinky NEVER marketed an all white Eagle and pod.

But there was nothing to stop shop owners or people in the factory swopping them around then OR laterday Ebay highwaymen buying two and swopping.

Hence the somewhat less rare green/red blue/red combination.

Its a business now. You can even buy repro boxes to enhance the value of your whitey.

Guys, although Fanderson DT catalogue features an almost obscene amount of photos showing the white Eagle there’s actually no mention about its production.
Here’s a couple of quick scans of the two pages dedicated to the Dinky Eagle and its variations/combinations (around fifty different ones!!!! :O ).

Jorge 8)

Attachments

• DT1.jpg
    DT1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DT2.jpg
    DT2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 39

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Showing an all-white one in a box does give the impression though.
Maybe they should have just stuck with showing the official colour combination versions and not a made up one.

TVC21

Alphans
Agreed Mark. I can remember not so long ago anything in FAB news being guaranteed canon, not so now. I`m sure loads of people will now think there were actually all white Dinky Eagles (see this thread!) when the truth is its just a case of lack of knowledge from the authors of the book.

Fozzy

Alphans
Out of curiosity, has anyone with a little clout and who may be known in the industry, taken one of these authors aside and told them they are wrong, point out their errors and show them proof, and in the future, they might need to do a bit of research. :evil:

And as a final gestures, tell them they are being watched! :twisted: