Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Fanderson '82

badsimmonds

Alphans
Here is a piccy of my MEV.
It was the first model I've built in 15 years and was a practise for my next models which were the Hood's Desert Jeep and a Shado Control Mobile.
As you can see Igot the colour wrong again. Will I ever learn.

Attachments

• DSCN1610.jpg
    DSCN1610.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN1621.jpg
    DSCN1621.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 34

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
....The model needed a lot done to it and in those days it was difficult to get info on original models. I obtained my info by looking endlessly at vhs videos, the trouble is the colour on vhs always seemed a bit wishy washy and wasn't the same as the few photos I had of the original zero x from the film brochure so I just picked a colour and hoped it was near enough. In hindsight these days with information readily available on any subject its easy to say this is wrong that is wrong.

No one should criticise you, I remember seeing images of this model in SIG (I think). Talk about inspiring people.... :D

I thought I was the only one interested in Anderson models enough to attempt replicas, yes the internet makes research for this stuff easier, it also brings together people who are interested enough to have a go at making something. I have been encouraged by my friends here to build better quality and more accuracy as I learned more of the craft. Sometimes that can be through critique but everyone generally means well. If I am honest I learned to listen to the critics and learn from what they said, sometimes even the critics eye can see things I missed, they wouldn't get me on that the next time.... ;)

badsimmonds

Alphans
Hi Captain
Thanks for responding to my post.
I have learned much from other modellers especially when I was working on my mobile.
I don't mind constructive critics but in the past I had people moaning because my models didn't have this or that and at the time I thought come on its my model which I built out of nothing. My skills are limited especially compared to a lot of modellers I've come across, in fact sometimes I think my efforts are so bad compared to theirs why bother with any more. I'm ranting here sorry. I like building models and have a list as long as my arm that I wish to construct all from Anderson programmes as they are full of great vehicles.
Although I'm in touch with people like yourself through the internet I don't have anyone nearby that we could meet up and swap ideas etc.
Have you seen my jeep and mobile if not I'll post some pics next time.

mike s

Alphans
I was there and I remember the Zero-X clearly - I remember it not being finished but also that it was amazing

and you threw it out..?? :wtf:

has anyone got any pics of Fanderson 82 or 94 I would love to see them

Hi Captain
Thanks for responding to my post.
I have learned much from other modellers especially when I was working on my mobile.
I don't mind constructive critics but in the past I had people moaning because my models didn't have this or that and at the time I thought come on its my model which I built out of nothing. My skills are limited especially compared to a lot of modellers I've come across, in fact sometimes I think my efforts are so bad compared to theirs why bother with any more. I'm ranting here sorry. I like building models and have a list as long as my arm that I wish to construct all from Anderson programmes as they are full of great vehicles.
Although I'm in touch with people like yourself through the internet I don't have anyone nearby that we could meet up and swap ideas etc.
Have you seen my jeep and mobile if not I'll post some pics next time.

Dave

Alphans
I was there and I remember the Zero-X clearly - I remember it not being finished but also that it was amazing

and you threw it out..?? :wtf:

has anyone got any pics of Fanderson 82 or 94 I would love to see them

Beginning of this thread Mike

mike s

Alphans
oh yeah cheers dave - bad wording by me, I meant any more that haven't been posted yet

I used to have photos of my art entiries inc my winning Stingray pic but they are lost to time

I remember '82 and '84 in a lot of detail

Beginning of this thread Mike

TerraForm1

Alphans
Made it across the pond for Fanderson '84 - Was it the Bloomsbury Hotel in London? I wonder if we met back then Mike?

Cool Caveman

Alphans
I was there!

I won the raffle for the solid silver FAB 1 model from Gerry - I still have it...

That was the one and only time I've ever won any raffle or lucky draw in my entire life!

I have quite a few photos in a box somewhere - I'll see if I can dig some out over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Cool Caveman

Alphans
So quite a few of us who think we don't know each other were at least in the same room in 82 and 84.

Mike - I remember your Stingray artwork!

mike s

Alphans
yeah wonder where it is now

Steve kyte was the art comp judge and very kindly recommended it to win - in fact he liked it so much he, er 'borrowed' the layout for a Singray annual he did years later :D:

stingray.jpg

I think I remember you Gordon - were you dressed as a WASP along with Steve and Helen..?

So quite a few of us who think we don't know each other were at least in the same room in 82 and 84.

Mike - I remember your Stingray artwork!

mike s

Alphans
that would be pretty groovy - Kodak snaps no doubt :)

I was there!

I won the raffle for the solid silver FAB 1 model from Gerry - I still have it...

That was the one and only time I've ever won any raffle or lucky draw in my entire life!

I have quite a few photos in a box somewhere - I'll see if I can dig some out over the next couple of weeks.

mike s

Alphans
it was very very hot that week

I remember going straight from the con to see Star Trek 3

I wonder if we were snapped on any pics at the same time T-form..?

I also did a UFO pic which sold and a Cap Scarlet one which did not - the Stingray one also sold in the auction for £50 I think it was

I think that was the first time a bunch of us tracked down the locations from The prisoner, went down the Hyde Park underground car park and all that - happy days :)

Made it across the pond for Fanderson '84 - Was it the Bloomsbury Hotel in London? I wonder if we met back then Mike?

TerraForm1

Alphans
it was very very hot that week

I remember going straight from the con to see Star Trek 3

I wonder if we were snapped on any pics at the same time T-form..?

I also did a UFO pic which sold and a Cap Scarlet one which did not - the Stingray one also sold in the auction for £50 I think it was

I think that was the first time a bunch of us tracked down the locations from The prisoner, went down the Hyde Park underground car park and all that - happy days :)

Fanderson '84:
Yea, blistering hot if I recall. The con was at the beginning of our holidays and the rest of the following week we encountered regional bus strikes and a huge water shortage in the south.
Wow... We saw Trek 3 in London as well... I donated some artwork to the auction. A big UFO montage and a couple of small ones - Scarlet and Penelope with FAB1 & Parker. I have some con photos somewhere but most of the random attendee shots didn't turn out due to operator failure. I had my 35mil set at the wrong aperture speed. :(

Next con I went to was UFOria in '89 I think. That's when we tracked down the house used as The Prisoner's home. It's like time stood still. I half expected the hearse to pull up while we were there...

TerraForm1

Alphans
The Scarlet and T'Birds pieces were warm overall but the UFO piece was quite blue. Yea, all airbrush artwork as well.

mike s

Alphans
ok I think I remember them and I def said hello to the artist so we have met :cheers:

I can remember spending about £5 per day on drinks at '84 it was so hot - a lot now but a small fortune back then

I won the art and had to go up and get my trophy off Gerry - I was too shocked to be nervous

did you sit right on the front row for one of the panel talks..?

if so did Gerry sit a couple of seats away from you, and did you chat with someone about the Polystyle UFO annual..?

The Scarlet and T'Birds pieces were warm overall but the UFO piece was quite blue. Yea, all airbrush artwork as well.

TerraForm1

Alphans
Hmmm... Don't remember sitting that close for a panel talk - so probably not me.

Really cool that you said hello though. I ended up spending a fair amount of time with Dave Nightingale and Phil Rae by way of an introduction from my Canadian mate, Doug Pelton. I only got a chance to chat with Steve Kyte and Graham Bleathman right at the end of the con as everyone was leaving. There was just so much to do it was all a bit of a blur. I don't think we stayed in the con hotel, so traveling to and from each day became an issue as well.

ok I think I remember them and I def said hello to the artist so we have met :cheers:

I can remember spending about £5 per day on drinks at '84 it was so hot - a lot now but a small fortune back then

I won the art and had to go up and get my trophy off Gerry - I was too shocked to be nervous

did you sit right on the front row for one of the panel talks..?

if so did Gerry sit a couple of seats away from you, and did you chat with someone about the Polystyle UFO annual..?