Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Farewell Rani...

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Been reading in the news these past couple of days about the passing of Kate O'Mara, better known over here perhaps for her role as Joan Collins' sister in Dynasty; but ever remembered as Doctor Who's renegade Time Lady, The Rani.

Judging from that BBC interview clip, believe she could still have cut the mustard in that role! :twisted:

Don't know if reviving The Rani has ever come up for discussion in the present-day incarnation of DW (The Master, like the Doctor himself, went through several guises; so there's some precedent). But should it happen, that's a long shadow to follow...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26816866

Ham Salad

Alphans
I always liked the character,wanted to see more.

I don't think she was a 'female master': the master was actively evil, the rani merely callous.

captain_Ed

Alphans
I worked with her a couple of times. She was very generous in giving me a job! A very nice, sincere lady who knew how to get things done in difficult circumstances. I knew she was ill and was very saddened to hear that she had passed away. RIP Kate