Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Final ISS Photos

saturnapollo

Alphans
After working on the ISS model for over twelve years, basicly building it in real time and as components were launched, finally called it a day with the final shuttle mission. The Russians still have a modeule to be launched to it, but this seemed a logical point to complete my model, before it got too far past its sell by date.

So here are the final photos.

Keith

Last edited:

Fun Pod

Alphans
You've shown an impressive dedication to your subject Keith -the result is superb! Once again, your composites are outstanding! 8)

Tim Smith

Alphans
Can't say I'm amazed, as you have spoiled us with your incredible craftsmanship and talent, as always! Actually, I am amazed, very amazed! Thanks for inviting us along on the ride!

Scott K

Alphans
Um, you mean those aren't pictures of the real thing?? All I can say is Wow! Is your model headed for a museum somewhere? If not, it ought to be!

Scott K.

JMChladek

Alphans
I am never going to tire of looking at these model shots. It will take some time before I can work up the nerve to tackle an ISS model due to all the different things that have to be done to it. The shuttle by comparison seems like an easy build.

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks again, guys.

Ever think about doing this for a living?

I wish I could. I've had one commision when I photographed Steve's Alpha launch pad, but not many folk want to bring their model to Edinburgh and then pay me to photograph and photoshop it.

And not too many folk would want to purchase my model photography when you can photos of the real thing from NASA.

Keith

HUNCH

Alphans
So Keith...thats it?:cry: So sad to see this incredible build come to an end:(.
It is a breathtaking testament to your modeling endurance that you could see this masterpiece right thru to the end. Bravo:clap:.
Even more sad is the reality sinking in that thats it for the shuttle program.
Too bad greedy American politicians would rather throw money away than keep the shuttle program going.:(

JMChladek

Alphans
Well, I wouldn't say this is the end. The Russians plan to fly at least one more mini-laboratory module up in 2012. Plus, the SpaceX Dragon got approval to dock on its next flight (provided the early tests on the flight show it can approach the ISS without a problem). Then there is the question of if a manned Dragon, MPCV (Orion) or another design like the SNC Dreamchaser will fly in a few years and dock with the station.

saturnapollo

Alphans
So Keith...thats it? So sad to see this incredible build come to an end.
It is a breathtaking testament to your modeling endurance that you could see this masterpiece right thru to the end.

Well, certainly for my model. As Jay rightly points out the Russians still plan on launching one more module (though I don't think it is that mini - I think it is about the same size and configuration as Zarya) and remove Pirs.

However it is likely photography of the station will be at a premium without the shuttles' flyaround photography, so difficult to get the necessary reference material.

In any case after nearly 13 years of building and handling for photography, the model (and subsequent breakages and repairs) is getting past its best and now seemed an appropriate time to call it a day.

Plenty of other models needing attention:)!

Thanks very much for everyone's comments!

Keith